• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Contract Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure G4dude is ready to give back everything. Everyone else? Probably not.

Jack,
Do you really think attacking someone professing your side helps? Sure there are those not on board but you make things worse by dumping on someone like Blueridge. All I can say is "Shut up".
Helm

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm simply stating the facts. Facts published to us in the Compass. You might want to put down your kool aid and have a reality check buddy. You feel like one united group being put in a black out, and sold out? I know sales is key to get us back.However the behavior of the active "professional pilot group" has just been kicking us while we are down.

I'm sorry the truth is unpleasant. You go keep kneeling down and bending over for any current NJA pilot if it makes you feel better.

Profits have been excellent this year even with the bad economy

Just say no to givebacks

but we need sales too so we can get everyone back to work soon

Really? Then why was there a 37% increase in Volunteer extended day flying in 2012? Why has the Union Leader not said 1 word to the furloughed in 2.5 years? Why has the FWG been idle the entire time, and why has the Union continually said working extra days (18day, and extended days) does not affect recalls?

You want you fuloughees back, Sure have a funny way of showing it guys.

The 18 day guys going to 7/7 will not help. All that will do is make things cheaper for the company and allow them to probably even furlough more because there will be no more mismatching of crew schedules. Notice that with all the people leaving, taking LOA and such and we still hear that we are overstaffed. But the workload has not gone down (at least not in my fleet).
The extended days are almost entirely GLC, and that has no impact on the fleets going from TEB-PBI-PDK-TEB, which are the fleets that have almost all the furloughees.
The fact is that our new improved EMT is hooked on saving $$ to the point that they no longer are concerned with growth. And that my friend, is what we need more than anything.

Last edited:
The extended days are almost entirely GLC, and that has no impact on the fleets going from TEB-PBI-PDK-TEB, which are the fleets that have almost all the furloughees.

Considering we are all on the same seniority list now, I urge you to reconsider your logic.

Considering we are all on the same seniority list now, I urge you to reconsider your logic.

I get what you're saying, but the seniority list and mission requirements are different things and don't drive eachother in terms of furloughs. It's like saying you don't eat root crop vegetables because turnips taste bad. Carrots, beets, radishes....all root crops. Turnips, yuck, so I won't eat carrots.
They're not going to start having calling people in the XL back because a guy in the GLC wouldn't extend a day to do London to TEB on his would-be go home day.
There are simply two things involved:
1) Demand / needs. Do they see a need based on current requirements in fleets? This is where the missions of GLC and smaller fleets do not inter-relate.
2) Callback in senior order.
Even if things in GLC see a need for more, they just pull from our "overstaffed" small fleet pilots. You will see that they will have no trouble losing people to those Globals. They'll just move people around. Until they see need companywide, they simply will not call people back, no matter how much I or you or anyone else wants them to.
All we can do until they figure out the need for growth is call sick when sick and tired when tired. If we have guys flying when they shouldn't, it will never come back. It's like football: sooner or later (hopefully sooner), they'll run out of people who will carry the football when they need a rest and have to call back in the second string.

Last edited:
The 18 day guys going to 7/7 will not help. All that will do is make things cheaper for the company and allow them to probably even furlough more because there will be no more mismatching of crew schedules.....

Most pilot groups have their NC's negotiate clauses in the CBA in order to mitigate furloughs if and when the time comes. For example the minimum guarantee being reduced with pilots on furlough. Things like that.

In the case of a Frac, you'd negotiate things like the company NOT offering extended days (they'd have to specifically requested by the pilot), and scheduling issues and/or anything thing else that would keep furloughs to the absolute bare minimum.

Unfortunately, when things are good, and everyone is walking around high-fiving each other, things like that can get overlooked when negotiating a CBA....

They likely won't in NJA's next CBA....

They're not going to start having calling people in the XL back because a guy in the GLC wouldn't extend a day to do London to TEB on his would-be go home day.

There are no "people in the XL" on furlough. Only NJA seniority list pilots.

In the case of a Frac, you'd negotiate things like the company NOT offering extended days (they'd have to specifically requested by the pilot), and scheduling issues and/or anything thing else that would keep furloughs to the absolute bare minimum.

Unfortunately, when things are good, and everyone is walking around high-fiving each other, things like that can get overlooked when negotiating a CBA....

They likely won't in NJA's next CBA....

In our case it's the maximum number of days that selloffs can occur without penalty (recalls) to the company. Problem is, these are very difficult for the union to track and verify.

Latest resources

Back