NJA Contract Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shameless rumor to follow...

NJA management is/going to use the recent aircraft orders to gain concessions from the pilots. No concessions = order cancellations. What say you?!

Let me know when you catch up with the rest of us. You're about a year and a half behind if you just figured this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NJA's management is not trying anythig new here, this is standard operating procedure

Continental tried that 5 years ago, "either take a pay-cut or say bye bye to those 787s". Back in the 90s United pulled the same crap with their 777 order

nothing new here, moving on

NJA's management is not trying anythig new here, this is standard operating procedure

Continental tried that 5 years ago, "either take a pay-cut or say bye bye to those 787s". Back in the 90s United pulled the same crap with their 777 order

nothing new here, moving on

Yeah but it sure is fun to watch a rookie CEO, with a short background in his fathers law firm, think he's reinvented the wheel...

This one will be fun to watch from the sidelines

"Lets see, if you don't take pay cuts I'll cancel orders which will certainly mean the end to Netjets, and mean the end to my short career as CEO..."

Yeah, he sure is brilliant:laugh:

Kiss my furloughed butt. Better be good if I ever get back. I played nice nice once....

Concessions have been a common thing in this industry for many years. At this point, only an idiot would agree to concessions in any form-they don't work, never have. I don't have a word for those that would consider them after a near record profit last year, and WAY above forecast through the first two quarters this year.

Fleet size reaches its minimum, as planned, very soon. Re-growth to follow. The Global 6000 sim in CMH is really something, with the Proline Fusion cockpit. Electric motion and enhanced video are quite an improvement too. The Phenom sim should be coming soon, the new building looks great, and we've already sold a number of Globals and Phenoms.

Some approach life with their chicken little hat on, while I prefer to see the bright side. There isn't any koolaid involved with hardware sitting right in front of your eyes.

BTW, section six has not been opened yet. Contract rumors carry zero credibility when negotiations haven't even started.

Last edited:
Just came through company recurrent. Based on my observations last week I would say the company is on very solid footing. For the first time in many years I feel fairly confident that bright years ensue for the organization. I also get the feeling that some modest contractual advancements are plausible should they serve notice in November. But we want our furloughees back soon.

That last sentence is much appreciated. We, as a group, feel quite abandoned at this point. Many feel that the furloughed group are going to be sacrificed by the union. 2 1/2 years later and I still don't understand the divide that was created by the e board. Time will tell.....

Latest resources

Back