• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm glad you have faith, 'cause I haven't met too many people willing to vote down a pay raise because of some provision for the furloughed pilots (who weren't there in 2005, so they're not real NJA pilots anyway).

Where do ya'll get these bizarre ideas?

Have some faith my friend.

We get these crazy ideas when we're in the van with a NJA crew, mention to the older captain that we're one of the "495" and get a blank stare in return. After an awkward few seconds, his FO tells him, "he's one of our furloughed guys".....and he still seems a bit confused that NJA still has guys on the street.

Or another time when I'm chatting with an FO that flat out tells me he doesn't see us ever coming back and his only concern is getting bypass pay for some seniority injustice he perceived happend when NJI joined NJA.

Having said that, most of the guys I run into are great and when they find out I'm furloughed, genuinely seem interested in the new company I'm working for and ask how I'm doing. They also say they would never sell us out and can't wait for us to get back on the property.

So I have faith, but the small (I hope) number of DB's over there scare the heck out of me.

We get these crazy ideas when we're in the van with a NJA crew, mention to the older captain that we're one of the "495" and get a blank stare in return. After an awkward few seconds, his FO tells him, "he's one of our furloughed guys".....and he still seems a bit confused that NJA still has guys on the street.

Or another time when I'm chatting with an FO that flat out tells me he doesn't see us ever coming back and his only concern is getting bypass pay for some seniority injustice he perceived happend when NJI joined NJA.

Having said that, most of the guys I run into are great and when they find out I'm furloughed, genuinely seem interested in the new company I'm working for and ask how I'm doing. They also say they would never sell us out and can't wait for us to get back on the property.

So I have faith, but the small (I hope) number of DB's over there scare the heck out of me.

That's certainly understandable, but believe me - they are clearly the minority and the rest of us are working really hard to bring them around..... 1 DB at a time....

odds are the 495 would be grandfathered anyway even if there is a change in the furlough section of a new CBA.

odds are the 495 would be grandfathered anyway even if there is a change in the furlough section of a new CBA.

Only if that grandfathering is negotiated in. Historically that hasn't happened.

I'm glad you have faith, 'cause I haven't met too many people willing to vote down a pay raise because of some provision for the furloughed pilots (who weren't there in 2005, so they're not real NJA pilots anyway).

Again, where do these bizarre ideas come from?? I wasn't there in 2005 either and have never been treated like I didn't belong.

Again, where do these bizarre ideas come from?? I wasn't there in 2005 either and have never been treated like I didn't belong.
Same here. I heard stories from some of the other guys before the furlough but never experienced it. Never paid for a beer after it was announced and had dinner bought a few times. Didn't want any of that but it was almost like survivors guilt.

To keep up with demand, the company is selling-off flights at an ever accelerating rate.... (and this is the historical "slow season")

Just my opinion, but from what I can see, it looks like they might hit the threshold to trigger a recall before the year is up...

Of course, it will probably be nothing more than a "paper recall" to allow for additional sell-offs, but at least those recalled "on paper" (no matter how short-lived before being placed back on "Furloughed" status) will be entitled to 2 months of their NJ salary...

Might be a nice Christmas present for a few....

To keep up with demand, the company is selling-off flights at an ever accelerating rate.... (and this is the historical "slow season")

Just my opinion, but from what I can see, it looks like they might hit the threshold to trigger a recall before the year is up...

Of course, it will probably be nothing more than a "paper recall" to allow for additional sell-offs, but at least those recalled "on paper" (no matter how short-lived before being placed back on "Furloughed" status) will be entitled to 2 months of their NJ salary...

Might be a nice Christmas present for a few....

Not that I doubt you or question your information. But we have hear these rumors so many times, I am wondering were your data comes from. Thanks for the information.

Latest resources

Back