• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you sacrifice delivering a quality product to your customers in exchange for shareholder ROI, things start to go downhill. Companies that embrace this twisted philosophy never remain in business for long.
And yet, like industry cockroaches, airlines like AMR & USAir remain...

I know--I'm frustrated by the concept too.

I'll get flamed for this, but I have to give Pilotyip some credit. When I was job hunting trying to escape my regional he gave me a straight answer about going to work for USAJet, which dissuaded me from working there. My domestic situation would have made me miserable there, and he knew it although he needed pilots and I needed an escape path. He gave good and honest advice.

We may not see eye to eye with him on labor / management topics, but he ain't no dummy.... I also give him credit for taking back guys who previous resigned and went to NJA. At least two guys in my class at Netjets flew there and both spoke highly of him even when they thought they were done with USAJet.

Yep, I would hire Yip over Bentover any day. Getting kinda tired of Bentover, by the way.

Bent makes intelligent arguments in a polite fashion - I'm surprised you of all people wouldn't at least appreciate his civility.

If you re-read his post, there was never an attack on YIP's self-worth or self-respect (which would certainly be an insult) but rather questioning his sense of "worth as an employee." I interpreted that statement as simply a call for YIP to question whether he has been selling himself short or not.

I was actually enjoying the mature exchange between YIP and Bent..... Nice change of pace for Flight Info.

Last edited:
I love seeing anti-unionists, spouting union gripes.

I'm actually pro-union, out of necessity. The company has a union; its called "management". They are united. The pilots should also be united.

What I can't stand is when union leadership talks about promoting jobs and then they behave in a way that does the opposite.

I'm actually pro-union, out of necessity. The company has a union; its called "management". They are united. The pilots should also be united.

That's one of the best arguments for collective bargaining I've ever read.

What I can't stand is when union leadership talks about promoting jobs and then they behave in a way that does the opposite.

The President rarely flies the line. His salary is paid by membership dues. (which currently is a bargain for us considering he is on FO pay whereas his predecesdor was drawing a Captain's check) If he were on the 18-day schedule, it's only on paper.

Last edited:
I’ll take the middle way. The extreme of anything is ultimately detrimental. But, when the scales are imbalanced.

Good Union. Bad Union. Whatever. Pilots always need a contract. Your management doesn’t work without an individual contract, that delineates all party’s responsibility.

We don’t buy cars without a contract. You don’t buy a house without a contract. Contracts are how business is transacted. What are those things worth? Yet, airline managers expect you to be treated as if you’re a charity, and like it. You trade some of your most valued assets: Your time, and your expertise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back