• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope this rumor turns out to be true (although I will be staying on mil leave), but I'm highly skeptical of recalls anytime soon (and especially by Nov). Last update I received a few months back was 2016-2017. Have things changed that much?

Dude, I went to recurrent 8 weeks ago and they said the last Gulfstream would depart the pattern in 2018. My partner on my last tour went to recurrent 3 weeks ago and they said 2021. Their "plan" is a moving target that changes by the hour.

If Bridgeway's plan was to have furloughed guys back online for the busy season, that ship has sailed. Recalls should have started in Jul/Aug due to the training footprint.

If they are planning to start recalls in Nov, I would guess that means they know NJ will exceed the 11 day selloff limit for Q3. I would further guess that barring any major outside events, the selloff limit will go over 11 days for Q4 and NJ knows this as well.

The contract states NJ has to start recalls no more than 120 days after the end of the quarter in which they exceeded the selloff limit. If they go over in Q3, that ends Sep 30 + 120 days = Feb 1 deadline to start recall. If they recall anyone prior to Dec 31, those guys will get credit for 2013 for their longevity and 401k. I'm not holding my breath for an early Christmas present.

Recalls can't begin until the Fed has approved the new indoc class curriculum. They have indeed been working on that. Unknown what the launch date is.

Latest resources

Back