• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great question. I think any raise more than 10 percent would be too much for captains like me. Here is what I think pay ought to be: Captains are paid adequately now, but we obviously need COLAs. FOs need 10 percent more with COLAs.

I agree. I think 10% WOULD be too much for a Captain like you.

I, on the other hand, am worth no less than $250,000 a year. Just because you don't know what you're worth, don't mess it up for the rest of us.

I agree. I think 10% WOULD be too much for a Captain like you.

I, on the other hand, am worth no less than $250,000 a year. Just because you don't know what you're worth, don't mess it up for the rest of us.

Um, you are familiar with the concept of discussion without insults? Also, I don't know what I am worth because I don't agree with you? You seem to be a little narcissisic, maybe.

I'm not sure how I insulted you? I agreed with you!

If anything, you insulted me with saying a 10% raise would be too much.

In not narcissistic. I'm awesome. Haven't you heard?

Um, you are familiar with the concept of discussion without insults? Also, I don't know what I am worth because I don't agree with you? You seem to be a little narcissisic, maybe.
Now Stop That!! This is FI, insults are the mark of a true professional in this business. Just look at all the professionals posting on this site.

I would agree that 98% of you are worth every dollar and then some. I keep seeing the SWA argument as a comparison. Why not go work for them if they're making tens of thousands more? Their job is easier in many aspects and duty times are probably more stable.

SG

I would agree that 98% of you are worth every dollar and then some. I keep seeing the SWA argument as a comparison. Why not go work for them if they're making tens of thousands more? Their job is easier in many aspects and duty times are probably more stable.

SG

Man, I can just up and go work for SWA? You should've told me this sooner! All these years I've wasted filling out and updating their application.

In the meantime why don't we make our current jobs better instead of settling for less because someone out there has it worse off than us.

SG

If everybody just quit every time things got tough, eventually there would be NOWHERE good to go. Sometimes you just have to fight.

If everybody just quit every time things got tough, eventually there would be NOWHERE good to go. Sometimes you just have to fight.

Bingo!

I wonder what the majors would be like if the pilots of the past had just "quit to find greener pastures"? How many greener pastures would there be?

Great question. I think any raise more than 10 percent would be too much for captains like me. Here is what I think pay ought to be: Captains are paid adequately now, but we obviously need COLAs. FOs need 10 percent more with COLAs.

Really?

Last edited:
Man, I can just up and go work for SWA? You should've told me this sooner! All these years I've wasted filling out and updating their application.

In the meantime why don't we make our current jobs better instead of settling for less because someone out there has it worse off than us.

The point was you would if you could. People make comparisons to something that likely isn't attainable in many cases. One of the bigger issues I'm seeing discussed here is salary. Demand salary based on what you do and why, not based on what someone else makes in a different environment. Anyone who says those SWA guy and gals put in the same workload as a fractional pilot has lost their mind. You deserve more because you're earning more and work harder. i truly hope your group can make things better.

SG

Latest resources

Back