• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for NJ guys. I'm currently a regional CA /commuter/ line holder. Don't see career progression with current employer. Looking for stability and more time with family, even if it means 7 on 7 off. That's better than 5 on 2 off currently. I would appreciate any feedback

Read through all the threads. These guys hate their jobs, are underpaid, treated poorly by the company, and are facing the reduction of medical benefits to the same level as what everyone else in the country has. Oh, and occasionally some will complain about the color of their ties or something.

SG

Question for NJ guys. I'm currently a regional CA /commuter/ line holder. Don't see career progression with current employer. Looking for stability and more time with family, even if it means 7 on 7 off. That's better than 5 on 2 off currently. I would appreciate any feedback

On second thought, go work for SWA. I hear they pay well and you wouldn't have to settle for such a low quality job.

SG

Last edited:
Read through all the threads. These guys hate their jobs, are underpaid, treated poorly by the company, and are facing the reduction of medical benefits to the same level as what everyone else in the country has. Oh, and occasionally some will complain about the color of their ties or something.

SG

but, but, but, they are true professionals and should be recognized as how much better they are than the rest of the pilot population.

Yip, why don't you tell me more about how your above comment fosters civil discussions on this board? You complain about the name calling and childish comments and yet you pile on. I guess it is only civil when the post agrees with your opinion?

Yip, why don't you tell me more about how your above comment fosters civil discussions on this board? You complain about the name calling and childish comments and yet you pile on. I guess it is only civil when the post agrees with your opinion?
Egads!, caught in the act of being myself. Just trying to keep the thread alive, trying to get my thread to surpass the "1260 days to go" thread.

But along those lines, why is it that I cannot be considered a professional in my role of mentoring young pilots starting out in their careers? Giving them the skills and training that allow them to move to the next level, like the 26 pilots that I have, recruited, recommended for hire and trained who over the years that have moved onto NJ. But if you are NJ pilot attacking anyone who does not agree with the 100% pro-union stance, that is well, the definition of a true professional?

Egads!, caught in the act of being myself. Just trying to keep the thread alive, trying to get my thread to surpass the "1260 days to go" thread.

I'm glad I could add to that count.

But along those lines, why is it that I cannot be considered a professional in my role of mentoring young pilots starting out in their careers?

I have never said you weren't a professional. You are right, we need sage advice for the younger generation of pilots. We become the pilots that trained us.

Giving them the skills and training that allow them to move to the next level, like the 26 pilots that I have, recruited, recommended for hire and trained who over the years that have moved onto NJ.

You take pride in that and I think people should be proud of their work. Why do you bash the NetJets pilot group and then take pride in sending quality pilots to that same group?

But if you are NJ pilot attacking anyone who does not agree with the 100% pro-union stance, that is well, the definition of a true professional?

The NetJets pilots are asking for what they think they are worth. They take pride in the work they put in each tour just as you take pride in mentoring young pilots and sending them off into the better flying jobs. How does that make them any less of a professional than you think you are? "Pro-Union" might just be more like "united in understanding your true worth." In this case I would find it safe to say until you have been a NetJets pilot in these current times it's hard to understand the challenges and frustrations they face and overcome daily.

Latest resources

Back