• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4 what is a big raise to you? Do you support cost of living raises or are you ok with inflation eating your buying power away? The company seems to think cola protection is important enough to include it in their contracts with our customers.

Great question. I think any raise more than 10 percent would be too much for captains like me. Here is what I think pay ought to be: Captains are paid adequately now, but we obviously need COLAs. FOs need 10 percent more with COLAs.

10% doesn't even cover inflation from late 2007.[/QUOTE

Haven't we been getting raises every year, unless we have been here over 14-17 years? (approximately, I don't have the contract payscales memorized) I don't understand what you mean.

Last edited:
Heavy sigh....

I luv ya amigo but you're just...wrong.

The owners are willing to pay more. Uncle Warren can afford to pay more. And we're WORTH more. A LOT more.

Happy Thanksgiving.

G4, you sell yourself way too short. FO.s at Southwest are making 150-200k a year and they are asking for increases. That's working fifteen days a month or less. Netjet FO's cap out at 80k working the same amount with no upgrade in sight. You want to give them a ten percent increase and cola? Are you freaking kidding me? What a freaking bottom feeding opinion.

10% doesn't even cover inflation from late 2007.[/QUOTE

Haven't we been getting raises every year, unless we have been here over 14-17 years? (approximately, I don't have the contract payscales memorized) I don't understand what you mean.

Annual salary bumps are not for the purpose of adjusting for inflation. In other words, a 10-year captain today has less spending power than a 10-year faptain did in 2008.

Step one won't happen for a long time. WB does not see it the same way as the Pilot group does. He is making money and could not care less about the Labor situation at this point. Doubt he will give in to labor demands as it would set a precedence.

I assume the pay cut you speak to is a loss of buying power per year. What data are you using to get 4%? The government CPI for 2014 it takes $1.15 to buy what $1.00 did in 2007. That is less than 4% per year.

Doesn't individual NJA pay increase at 3.5% per year?

Yep. Anyone else think Warren is pretty ignorant of anything except money? I seriously think it's the only thing he has any knowledge of. He sure doesn't understand people.

Annual salary bumps are not for the purpose of adjusting for inflation. In other words, a 10-year captain today has less spending power than a 10-year faptain did in 2008.

Really? I don't understand. The captain's job is the same level of responsibility and skill as it was in 2007, we get an increase every year, how is that a loss of buying power?

Heavy sigh....

I luv ya amigo but you're just...wrong.

The owners are willing to pay more. Uncle Warren can afford to pay more. And we're WORTH more. A LOT more.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving yourself! I am just worried about what effect a big raise would have on the shareholders, who expect a good return on their investment, no matter what we think we deserve. And if the stockholders dump us, I will be ok, but many of my colleagues won't.

BH is making north of 20% Return on Invested Capital. The true measure of an investment's success.

Return on Revenue is a BS metric. Especially in the aviation industry which is notorious for poor ROR. The company uses it to distract the economically uneducated employees among us.

BH also earns revenue via Netjets from FSI, insuring the aircraft, and the corporate intelligence gathering that is undoubtedly derived from flight activity.

It's my belief that we could have a 40% raise tomorrow, end the petty BS, and actually IMPROVE the bottom line. The way this management team is treating all their employee groups is simply BAD BUSINESS and until the "leadership" changes, this company IS doomed to ultimately fail. That's Warren's fault, not ours.

Latest resources

Back