NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
Doesn't individual NJA pay increase at 3.5% per year?

Hahaha! Funny guy.

Oh, wait. I think you're serious. NO. My pay has been FROZEN since integration in November of 2010. No overtime. No holiday pay. No penalty day for after midnights. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Meanwhile, my real purchasing power has declined roughly 4 percent, per year, since integration. It's going to take a serious raise, in addition to a number of other things, to get me to say yes to a new contract.

Nope. I'm taking a 4 percent pay cut every year because the people that negotiated this one failed to include COLA. That alone causes me to demand a substantial pay INCREASE just to get back to where I would have been without the pay freeze since Nov 2010.

Management status quo virtually guarantees the slow death of the brand.

Step 1: A new CEO

Nothing else matters until Step 1 is acheived.

You mean the NJ guys don't get a 4-5% bump in Pay every year? The guy at JUS do

You mean the NJ guys don't get a 4-5% bump in Pay every year? The guy at JUS do

No we don't. At the start of year 14 for captains, the final longevity bump occurs. The next increase is 4% of year 14 pay at the completion of year 15-2 years later. The 4% continues, based upon the final year 14 pay. Stagnation from then on without COLA.

I just feel if we get a big raise, we won't be able to compete.

NJA has never been about competing. We are about leading. We didn't get to be the leader by following everyone else to the bottom...we made a higher standard. When you lower yourself to meet those below you (really----no offense at any other carriers here), you have had it. You have have loaded your own suicide bullet.

G4 what is a big raise to you? Do you support cost of living raises or are you ok with inflation eating your buying power away? The company seems to think cola protection is important enough to include it in their contracts with our customers.

G4 what is a big raise to you? Do you support cost of living raises or are you ok with inflation eating your buying power away? The company seems to think cola protection is important enough to include it in their contracts with our customers.

Ding! Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

Hahaha! Funny guy.

Oh, wait. I think you're serious. NO. My pay has been FROZEN since integration in November of 2010. No overtime. No holiday pay. No penalty day for after midnights. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Meanwhile, my real purchasing power has declined roughly 4 percent, per year, since integration. It's going to take a serious raise, in addition to a number of other things, to get me to say yes to a new contract.

Please read the 2007 CBA NJA Pay Tables like I stated and you quoted/laughed at (I did not state NJI/GLC salaries). The NJA CBA salaries in point of fact increase for NJA pilots at a rate of 3.5% per year until they cap out a year 14 at which time, as was mentioned a $4,000 bonus is paid. Longevity or COLA - that is up to the interpreter of the table as it is not reflected in the labels of the tables.

A better point to be made is that a pilot who makes Capt at 10 years of service in 2007 had more buying power for the same numerical salary of a Capt at 10 years of service in 2014 because the salaries are the same number. That is a problem since a 10 year Captain is worth the same relative to the economy, no matter when he achieves it and therefore there needs to be COLA specifically listed in the salary process. Longevity needs to be separately included too.

In 2007, the pay tables were negotiated between the IBT1108 President and the President of the Company, outside the ongoing negotiation process. It was handed over as part of the take it or leave it deal.

Since you are GLC formally known as NJI, your actually salary for years of service is known to very few in the union since it is different for most everyone who came over from there. I am sure there are a lot of NJA pilots who would like to know that data. Additionally, don't you get a true up at the end of each year for beyond the previous salary built in NJI norm for OT, holiday pay, and extended days and after midnights?

Latest resources

Back