• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahahaha! Hey G4, Family Guy thinks we still primarily fly international.

How is the dust on your passport?

Um, no. The company is pushing as many international trips as they can onto the Global fleet to try and get G owners to buy shares in the bloody thing. The Gulfstreams get the occasional international trip but mostly it's the "Gee, we're sorry your airplane broke and you took a four hour delay, how about a ride in a Gulfstream and aren't you happy now?" airplane.

Ha! However, the last 6 months I HAVE lived overseas. Go figure.

Hahahaha! Hey G4, Family Guy thinks we still primarily fly international.

How is the dust on your passport?

Um, no. The company is pushing as many international trips as they can onto the Global fleet to try and get G owners to buy shares in the bloody thing. The Gulfstreams get the occasional international trip but mostly it's the "Gee, we're sorry your airplane broke and you took a four hour delay, how about a ride in a Gulfstream and aren't you happy now?" airplane.

Although I understand why you guys want to stay in the mighty Gulfstreams, isn't the plan that the Gulfstream pilots will ultimately transition over to the Globals and new 650s as the Gulfstreams depart? No former NJI pilots will be flying the Phenom or XLS - right?

Last edited:
Although I understand why you guys want to stay in the mighty Gulfstreams, isn't the plan that the Gulfstream pilots will ultimately transition over to the Globals and new 650s as the Gulfstreams depart? No former NJI pilots will be flying the Phenom or XLS - right?

I believe this is the plan. However, the way the displacement rules are written they can only displace pilots as airframes go away.

Apparently, they're having trouble getting rid of our old, technologically outdated high-time Gulfstreams. So as Global and Challenger deliveries progress, we may see a lot of open bids for those planes. It's possible some Gulfstream pilots may end up in the smaller fleets.

Also, although I take it with a grain of salt, I talked to the chief pilot of the GLC fleet and he says that due to a large number of current and impending retirements from pilots in the GLC fleet, they may actually need to have a class or two for pilots in the Gulfstreams. We'll see what happens with that.

Anyway, there is hope for us "small" plane drivers.

Gutshot is way too intellectual to quote the Fonz.

Actually, it's from Demolition Man....

NOT so intellectual.

And Dude, it's NOT about cost. It's about VALUE. Last weekend, I had an owner tell me and 11 other pilots on the picket line in Henderson that he and many of his friends who are also owners are more than willing to pay MORE to fly with us. He said "We know YOU GUYS make this place go. We love you and support you."

The company is delivering less value with more cost. That IS NOT the fault of the pilots, the flight attendants, the dispatchers, the mechanics, or the crew services people. It IS the fault of Jordan Hansell and the rest of the EMT.

A well-compensated, well-supported and VALUED employee group that is EMPOWERED to deliver world class service will deliver the VALUE that the owners demand. Happy employees equals happy customers equals higher profits.

It ain't rocket science but our CEO hasn't the first clue about what motivates employees or the consumers of a luxury service product.

I have no idea what the brain trust wants. All I know is I really DON'T want to fly the Global or the CL605/650. Since the Gulfstream fleet phase out has been pushed to at LEAST 2022, I'm not even starting to worry about what fleet comes next.

I AM worried about the management team of this company destroying what's left long before I have to worry about it.

I AM worried about the management team of this company destroying what's left long before I have to worry about it.
So you would be happy with a continuation of the status quo contract?

So you would be happy with a continuation of the status quo contract?

Nope. I'm taking a 4 percent pay cut every year because the people that negotiated this one failed to include COLA. That alone causes me to demand a substantial pay INCREASE just to get back to where I would have been without the pay freeze since Nov 2010.

Management status quo virtually guarantees the slow death of the brand.

Step 1: A new CEO

Nothing else matters until Step 1 is acheived.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm taking a 4 percent pay cut every year because the people that negotiated this one failed to include COLA. That alone causes me to demand a substantial pay INCREASE just to get back to where I would have been without the pay freeze since Nov 2010.

Management status quo virtually guarantees the slow death of the brand.

Step 1: A new CEO

Nothing else matters until Step 1 is acheived.

Step one won't happen for a long time. WB does not see it the same way as the Pilot group does. He is making money and could not care less about the Labor situation at this point. Doubt he will give in to labor demands as it would set a precedence.

I assume the pay cut you speak to is a loss of buying power per year. What data are you using to get 4%? The government CPI for 2014 it takes $1.15 to buy what $1.00 did in 2007. That is less than 4% per year.

Doesn't individual NJA pay increase at 3.5% per year?

Latest resources

Back