• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA has never been about competing. We are about leading. We didn't get to be the leader by following everyone else to the bottom...we made a higher standard. When you lower yourself to meet those below you (really----no offense at any other carriers here), you have had it. You have have loaded your own suicide bullet.

If you don't think you have to compete in the marketplace, I have a bridge to sell you.

Do you really not get his point? People are willing to pay a premium for a premium service. Someone sets the standard, while others are cheap imitations. Just ask Rolex how that has worked out for them. On another note, a thirty percent increase in pilot salaries does not equate to a thirty percent increase in expenses. Netjets will continue to be a healthy profitable company. The question is how much money goes to Warren's shareholders and how much goes into the pockets of the workers. That percentage split favors the shareholders every year that the workers are locked into 2007 rates. It is time for a reset to fairness and a more equitable split.

Last edited:
To add to what Pervis said, the SICs top out at year 10 and don't get a 4% bump.

Please read the 2007 CBA NJA Pay Tables like I stated and you quoted/laughed at (I did not state NJI/GLC salaries). The NJA CBA salaries in point of fact increase for NJA pilots at a rate of 3.5% per year until they cap out a year 14 at which time, as was mentioned a $4,000 bonus is paid. Longevity or COLA - that is up to the interpreter of the table as it is not reflected in the labels of the tables.

A better point to be made is that a pilot who makes Capt at 10 years of service in 2007 had more buying power for the same numerical salary of a Capt at 10 years of service in 2014 because the salaries are the same number. That is a problem since a 10 year Captain is worth the same relative to the economy, no matter when he achieves it and therefore there needs to be COLA specifically listed in the salary process. Longevity needs to be separately included too.

In 2007, the pay tables were negotiated between the IBT1108 President and the President of the Company, outside the ongoing negotiation process. It was handed over as part of the take it or leave it deal.

Since you are GLC formally known as NJI, your actually salary for years of service is known to very few in the union since it is different for most everyone who came over from there. I am sure there are a lot of NJA pilots who would like to know that data. Additionally, don't you get a true up at the end of each year for beyond the previous salary built in NJI norm for OT, holiday pay, and extended days and after midnights?

I think you confused $4,000 with 4%. And it's non-compounding. So no, there is no COLA in this contract and there should have been. Yes, I'm familiar with how that little deal was struck and what the reward was for screwing the pilot group.

And no, at my seniority level I don't receive a true up.

Do you really not get his point? People are willing to pay a premium for a premium service. Someone sets the standard, while others are cheap imitations. Just ask Rolex how that has worked out for them. On another note, a thirty percent increase in pilot salaries does not equate to a thirty percent increase in expenses. Netjets will continue to be a healthy profitable company. The question is how much money goes to Warren's shareholders and how much goes into the pockets of the workers. That percentage split favors the shareholders every year that the workers are locked into 2007 rates. It is time for a reset to fairness and a more equitable split.

Well, apparently nj got rid of the "Rolex" in favor of the "cheap imitation." In turn, its inferior competitor Flexjet just bought dozens of Rolexes.
You can't have it both ways.

And who made that decision both in service and product. It wasn't the pilots. It wasn't the flight attendants. It wasn't the mechanics. Etc. This is why Jordan Hansell "The accidental CEO" has to go.

I think you confused $4,000 with 4%. And it's non-compounding. So no, there is no COLA in this contract and there should have been. Yes, I'm familiar with how that little deal was struck and what the reward was for screwing the pilot group.

And no, at my seniority level I don't receive a true up.

My mistake. You are correct. It is 4% on $136,846 (on 7-7) which is $5,343 annual bonus.

This is exactly right!

For example, I think I heard pilot compensation makes up 5% of the company's expenses. Okay, so if you doubled pilot compensation, which is a 100% increase to pilot salaries, you've made pilot compensation something closer to 10% of company expenses. It's not a 100% increase in operating expenses for the company by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not saying we'll get that, just using it as an example. If we got a 50% increase in compensation, our share of company operating expenses goes from 5% to 7.5%.

Yeah, that may cut into company profitability a little, but it's not the end of Netjets.

And they could easily pass those increases along to our clients to cover it. We're not about huge increases here (for the clients). For those worried about what the clients will pay, well, they're ALREADY paying significantly more to be with Netjets over anyone else. Something along the lines of 35% more, and they're still buying. If we ended up being 36% or 37% more, I just don't see a mass exodus of the wealthy from Netjets.

As others (and myself) have mentioned, if they do leave, it isn't because the pilots are making more. It's because they aren't getting what they were promised, and that is not the union's fault. If the end is coming for Netjets, I'd rather get a sizable increase in pay now so i can save more money for when it happens, than go out with less. If the company is doomed by the small increase in cost it would take to cover a large increase in pay for us, then it was doomed anyway.

Let's not forget that the EMT has been collecting COLA on management fees since 2008. How much of that have you seen?

NJA has never been about competing. We are about leading. We didn't get to be the leader by following everyone else to the bottom...we made a higher standard. When you lower yourself to meet those below you (really----no offense at any other carriers here), you have had it. You have have loaded your own suicide bullet.

With ALL due respect, that is exactly what UAL and Delta pilots said several years ago when they were paid so much both companies almost went kaput.
It is rationalizing exorbitantly high pay.

Latest resources

Back