Next Pinnacle realignment.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

Sounds like it will be out on 9/22. It also sounds like it may cover the rest of the Saabs going away. It makes sense to do it this way. I was surprised they couldn't get a deal done to get the last one done this way. Anyways, good luck to all pilots under the Pinnacle umbrella. It's time to pull off the band-aid and figure where we will all end up.

9E and 9L will finally be correctly staffed and maybe overstaffed for 6 months but this is motivating people to leave asap and it'll quickly go back to normal, except perhaps MSP/MEM captains who will all be ancient dinosaurs.

Sounds like it will be out on 9/22. It also sounds like it may cover the rest of the Saabs going away. It makes sense to do it this way. I was surprised they couldn't get a deal done to get the last one done this way. Anyways, good luck to all pilots under the Pinnacle umbrella. It's time to pull off the band-aid and figure where we will all end up.

I can tell you where we will end up. Overall total at the company, Pinnacle will have 541 Captains on the CRJ-200 and 95 Captains on the CRJ-200. Every other Pinnacle pilot will be a FO. If you though the 14 displacements from CA/FO were bad, you ain't seen nothin yet!

I can tell you where we will end up. Overall total at the company, Pinnacle will have 541 Captains on the CRJ-200 and 95 Captains on the CRJ-200. Every other Pinnacle pilot will be a FO. If you though the 14 displacements from CA/FO were bad, you ain't seen nothin yet!

We are all Pinnacle pilots.

While I agree, I think things may come out looking a but lopsided in terms of seniority numbers due to the quotas and restrictions. It will be a tough pill to swallow for 9E pilots being kicked out of our original left seats.

Yeah! We know! You have said that, many, many, many times.

Continuing to say it does nothing, and contributes nothing. It is a waste of bandwidth and time. Most of us are just SICK and tired of hearing about it.

If you have something new and useful to say, by all means. Otherwise...

While I agree, I think things may come out looking a but lopsided in terms of seniority numbers due to the quotas and restrictions. It will be a tough pill to swallow for 9E pilots being kicked out of our original left seats.

Of course it will be a tough pill. The lesson for many, is that the path 9E pilots and leadership chose, ultimatetly, did not work, and therefore, it was the wrong path (wrong approach).

I hope it gets better for all involved sooner rather than later.

True. Correction to my original post above: "...pre-merger Pinnacle pilots..."

Yeah! We know! You have said that, many, many, many times.

Continuing to say it does nothing, and contributes nothing. It is a waste of bandwidth and time. Most of us are just SICK and tired of hearing about it.

If you have something new and useful to say, by all means. Otherwise...

I was going to say:

The lesson for many, is that the path 9E pilots and leadership chose, ultimatetly, did not work, and therefore, it was the wrong path (wrong approach).

I hope it gets better for all involved sooner rather than later.

But you summed it up pretty well.

Curious, smarta$$, are you at Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan, or have you moved on?

apparently some of places people are going are prone to hire pilots with little or no PIC Turbine-such as JetBlue. A former Mesaba guy even has said that the chief has said that they are hiring pilots with no PIC. Bad news for Mesaba/Pinnacle Jr captains, good news for the most,highly, so sad should have the world at their feet Pinnacle FO's...who seem to think they were screwed the most. get over it, there is talk that even the majors will skip over pilots with too much PIC-Fed EX even published that they do not want to hire pilots with more than like 3500 hours PIC.

get over it, there is talk that even the majors will skip over pilots with too much PIC-Fed EX even published that they do not want to hire pilots with more than like 3500 hours PIC.

That's not really a good thing for FOs. If the current captains never leave there won't be any seats into which to upgrade and get the hours they need to leave themselves. Labor costs increase, fleet size contracts...Kit Darby and ATP tell high school kids that the coming pilot shortage is right around the corner...

Latest resources

Back