Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy-
Thanks for the info.

I am aware of all of the consulting companies out there, however, I was hoping to find one that specializes in United.

Example:
Emerald Coast > FedEx
ATC Seattle > Alaska

Nonetheless, I am going with Cage Consulting. Not with Cheryl herself...unfortunately her mother just passed away.

Figmo-
You will get a rejection email within 24 hours

or

A phone call to set up the interview within 48 hours.

Good luck to you!

ZP

Did the Lasergrade Hogan Psych tests on thursday, got an EMAIL today (Sat) inviting me out for the interview. So I guess that the email is NOT a bad thing only!

I'm going to send United a scantron of my ****.

MOD INPUT: I NOW TYPE IN PINK BECAUSE I TRIED TO CIRCUMVENT THE SYSTEM BY TRYING TO SPELL A NASTY WORD CREATIVELY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the Lasergrade Hogan Psych tests on thursday, got an EMAIL today (Sat) inviting me out for the interview. So I guess that the email is NOT a bad thing only!

I'm trying to clear up the steps in the UAL recruiting process. Maybe someone can help who's been through it recently.

Is there both a cognitive test AND a psych test?
(I've heard that there is a cognitive test but I can't tell if some people are referring to the psych test as a cognitive test or vice versa.)

Is there also an ATP-style test?

Does Lasergrade take care of all the required testing or does UAL do some of it on their own?

As far as I can tell, the process consists of:

1. Phone call to basically go over your flight time and ask you a few questions.
2. Some type of Lasergrade test or tests (psych/cog/ATP).
3. Interview (with no sim or other tests at the interview).

Can anyone shed a little light?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So far:
-Apply online
-Secondary online app (flight times)
-online psych test (Hogan)
-phone interview (flight times, 3 characteristics that would make you a good pilot)
-proctored test at lasergrade (2 more psych test from Hogan)
-invite for interview (not sure what that will involve)

Good luck

Are you guys with interviews doing them this week? Are they giving you only one week from the email to the interview?

I've seen someone say they are going to Cage Consulting. Anybody using anyone else and finding out any info on the interview?

Lasergrade tomorrow.....

FWIW, I have no idea what the current interview will be like.....However, when I interviewed and was hired in 2000, I found "Airline Pilot Technical Interviews" by Ron McElroy to be a great book that hit on the subject matter covered in the interview. Hope this helps and good luck to those on this board that want to work for UAL!!!

Latest resources

Back