• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New UAL hiring info- I think.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not lighting a match to any of your dreams are anything. I know whats it was like to want to fly the iron but really how does anyone live on the first year pay. Mortgage, car payment, couple kids, those numbers are hard to work with.

FYI

For those interested in what's out there as far as hiring mins. and what might be considered as competitive...

I was hired at a regional in '99. I thought I'd be there 3-5 years tops, then 9/11, the economy, and whatever else you want to blame it on (mgmt). Since the majors haven't hired much in the last 6 years you will start seeing some fairly high-time (for the regionals) reigonal pilots trying to jump ship to the majors. For example, having been at the reigonal level for over 8 years, I have accumulated nearly 6,800 tt, 5,800 MEjet, and over 3,000 jet PIC. This is just me, I'm sure there are several thousand RJ Captains out there just like me who I'm competing with. Unfortuantely this is what is going to help UAL and the other majors keep that crappy 1st year pay, at least until you guys already on the heavy stuff help us out with imporoved contracts.

Hi!

According to another poster, UAL got 600 applicants in 3 days.

They were expecting 3000+.

I think NWA will experience the same.

cliff
DAL

I received the flight time assessment questionnaire on the 17th, completed it, and have gotten nothing since then. Has everyone received the personality test? Or only some?

Hi!

According to another poster, UAL got 600 applicants in 3 days.

They were expecting 3000+.

I think NWA will experience the same.

cliff
DAL

DAL only received 500 apps in the first couple of days, also, and only 2500 in the first few weeks. But, from what I hear, they're at over 5,000 now.

Had the phone interview today. They just wanted to go over my flight time, like they couldn't put that in the app., and went over a couple of gaps I left it in the app.. Then the biggie, they asked "what three things do I think make a good Captain?" i'll receie an e-mail in the next 24hrs. notifying of my continued progress toward an actual interview, or not.

Had the phone interview today. They just wanted to go over my flight time, like they couldn't put that in the app., and went over a couple of gaps I left it in the app.. Then the biggie, they asked "what three things do I think make a good Captain?" i'll receie an e-mail in the next 24hrs. notifying of my continued progress toward an actual interview, or not.

I am one day ahead of you...I am waiting on the email for the tech eval. good luck!

ZP

Latest resources

Back