Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ualdriver

Here's the latest I have. I don't know if you all have this already:

1) 0001 Monday July 16th is the start of electronic pilot application acceptance. Three days later they send out the first letters for interviews

2) Application should take about 1 hour to fill out online. It's suggested you print out the instructions first and read them before you try filling out the application online. I think the website is going to be www.united.com/pilot

3) UAL pilots can send electronic recommendations on Skynet from the Flight Ops home page. The pilot applicant must have his application filled out FIRST. The recommender (is that a word?) must use the exact e-mail address used by the applying pilot. Also, an applicant can upload letters of recommendation and resumes with their application.

4) Mins are:

1500 TT fixed wing
1000 multi-engine or single seat fighter
500 hours turbine
ATP
100 hours in the past 12 months

5) Process will involve a phone interview to verify qualificaitons, a personal interview in ORD with a UAL interview Captain and a HR rep, then a final screening board (applicant not invited).

6) Extra points awarded to Son/Daughters/Interns and those with electronic pilot recommendations. If you are in the sons/daughters/intern category, make sure you check that box on the electronic application or it won't be counted.

7) Planning on 100 new hires this year and 300 next year unless Age 65. Even with Age 65, they will still need to hire "some" pilots. "Some" being undefined.

That's all I know guys. Good luck if you choose to apply here.

Last edited:
UAL Driver,

Thanks for the info. From your post it sounds like the 1000ME is not a PIC requirement. Is that what you are hearing? Seems like that would make sense as I'm sure there are plenty of current United pilots that don't have 1000ME PIC, but do have 1000ME SIC.

Hope that is the case, otherwise its going to be awhile:(

Hi!

The website:

1000 hours Multi-engine time (PIC) or Military fighter/trainer (PIC).

cliff
YIP

Without any flaming comments, what is the prime motivation to apply at United? Just curious.

Without any flaming comments, what is the prime motivation to apply at United? Just curious.

For guys at the regionals, it's better than where they're at. I hated NWA with a passion, but I would have left Pinnacle for there in a heartbeat.

For guys at the regionals, it's better than where they're at. I hated NWA with a passion, but I would have left Pinnacle for there in a heartbeat.

Maybe in the long run... their payscales are truly atrocious.

Hopefully their FIX IT NOW campaign will make things better and more attractive at UAL..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back