• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New UAL hiring info- I think.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's to bad that they don't realize that they already have over 100 pilots hired that have been in the pilot pool for 7 years. It would be nice and the right thing to do if they would give us a chance. But we are getting left out in the cold and probably will never get another chance at United. If the sons and daughters get special treatment why wouldn't we. They have already spent lots of money on us.

Would you really want to leave F9 after 4 years to go to UAL?

Thanx UALdriver for taking the time to post this update. Very much appreciated.

Freight Dog-

I don't know many details except that the Company is following our contract so far. I know it is being watched very closely. When guys say, "what has ALPA done for me lately" this is one of many examples where I'm glad I have ALPA watching these little business transactions as the potential for abuse on our management's part is huge. No transfer of aircraft, despite the wild rumors. Many UAL pilots would be happy to walk your line, as well, including me. Especially if it is in HNL.......We're picketing on July 19th, and personally, I think we're starting to get their attention.

NoJoy- No problem. Glad to help. Maybe someday you'll have to return the favor :)

Someday I would love the opportunity to return the favor-hopefully in the near future.

Any UAL guys have any info on the LAX base. Is it junior or senior? How long would it take to get LAX and also how long to get it on a wide body? Thanks.

I know there's a junior man in operation somewhere in SKYNET, but I can't find it for the life of me. I'm sure someone else can chime in (and tell me where the he11 to find that little piece of information). Anyway, off the top of my head, LAX is junior. A new hire won't have any problem getting it relativelysoon. We've had furloughees come back to the right seat of the 767 simply because guys that could have held it were seatlocked and couldn't bid up to it. I guess it's possible to get it in a timely manner, barring the usual show stoppers-maybe even in indoc if you're lucky. And if you don't mind being junior for a very, very long time.

More UAL Info

Just spoke to a UAL connection in the know who said the first new hire class will be September 24th.

She also said there will be no medical exam or sim ride, just a personal interview in Chicago like ualdriver mentioned.

Supposedly the application system will be based on a 1,000 point maximum and will contain a personality inventory and cognitive test. Points will also be awarded for things like United recommendations, PIC time, Bachelor's Degree, etc.

Thought this would be interesting info for you all, good luck to all us UAL wannabe's!

jr

In spite of what it says on the website, I've heard several people say the ME requirement will not be a PIC requirement. Not sure if it is true, but it seems a little strange. I could see 1000PIC and 1000ME, or even 1000 Turbine PIC...but the 1000ME PIC seems strange. Do any other carriers have 1000ME PIC requirements? Anybody want to take a shot at the logic behind this? Does someone with 1000hrs in a Seneca and an ATP and some SIC time in a Pilatus seem more qualified than a captain at a regional with 500 or 750 hours as PIC in an RJ? In the end, I guess it will be whatever the company says it will be. I'm sure they will have more applications than they can deal with.

Latest resources

Back