• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. "All for one and one for all" has never, ever been an overriding theme at unionized carriers. The description I hear most offen is "eating their young." Ever heard that one?
2. I'm not defending it, but to suggest that this pay proposal is less equitable than most unionized carrier's contracts is a bit closed-minded.

1. Have you worked for an airline that was unionized? Don't stereotype every airline that has a union. A specific union at a specific airline is what there pilots make of it.

2. I never said that did I. Unionized carriers have the ablilty to view what has been offered to your group and see the problems with it. They have played this game many more times than you have. Sir, you are the one with the "closed mind". Look around and you will see that JA plays you like a fiddle. And Sir, I would suggest that you support your other pilots at Skywest because you may need their support some day. It's a small world.

So. An amendable date means nothing at Skywest because you have no binding contract/agreement. How will you enforce this amendable date? The same way you were able to handle the 70 pay rates for 18 months?

Thats what no one seems to understand at this F#$%%^ company! Nothing on this proposal can be enforced. There has already been talk about raising new hire pay to more than the amount proposed in this DUMB thing becuase the company cant fill classes. Guess what its going to happen at a moments notice too, no voting, yet people that have been here for 10+ years on the BRO get nothing for their years of service. Whats even worse is there are people that fly the damn thing and thier OK with that!? For god sakes HOJET gets 2.5% COLA with their new contract. I dont think HOJET is making 40 mill a quater either.

But anyone who votes no expecting a better offer truly misunderstands the mindset of SkyWest management and the reality of our situation.

The road we are currently going down obviously leads to no where i.e. 18 month TA, intial 1.2%, and now sacraficing brasilia pilots for higher 70 seat pay. 3 strikes and your out!

So. An amendable date means nothing at Skywest because you have no binding contract/agreement. How will you enforce this amendable date? The same way you were able to handle the 70 pay rates for 18 months?

www.

Here at ASA, our amendable date was over 4 years ago, and we have a contract and ALPA. An amendable date doesn't mean much either way to be fair.....

1. Do you think JA is putting these rates out because he's a nice guy? No, he is doing it because of a union drive. Why didn't he do this after the 18 months were over on the 70 seat talks? Sir, you have no idea what your talking about.

2. Do you? Have you sat across the table from your management? I didn't think so because the people that are, SAPA, were put there by the management.

3. No, the threat that you have is the union drive. JA is just doing the same thing DAL does every time the FAs and the mechanics at DAL start a drive.

And your justification for no raises for the Brasilia guys is pathetic. Every hear of "All For One and One For All"?

It's working for them isn't it. Let's face it, the reason us ALPA people are pissed about it is because ALPA is failing us, and they are doing fine at Skywest without ALPA. Jerry is trumping ALPA, and the ALPA true believers are pissed.

As far as your comment about ever hearing "all for one and one for all?", the question should be has ALPA ever heard of that! ALPA isn't exactly the poster child for "all for one and one for all".

Last edited:
www.

Here at ASA, our amendable date was over 4 years ago, and we have a contract and ALPA. An amendable date doesn't mean much either way to be fair.....

...no but we are able to resist the company's efforts to force us into a concessionary contract. Granted like you said, 4 years later we are still fighting for a contract, but atleast we're in the fight.

There is a process. In your situation there will be no process for handling this issue.

And it's Mr. Tool to you junior.

How is that "process" working? Even according to you it isn't working that well.....

...no but we are able to resist the company's efforts to force us into a concessionary contract. Granted like you said, 4 years later we are still fighting for a contract, but atleast we're in the fight.

Neither the last offer from ASA management, nor the offer to the Skywest pilots is "concessionary". Fighting for the sake of fighting is not a reason to support ALPA.....

Neither the last offer from ASA management, nor the offer to the Skywest pilots is "concessionary". Fighting for the sake of fighting is not a reason to support ALPA.....

The last one from the company may not have been, but how about their opening offer? 13% pay decrease for me as a 700 F/O, seems "concessionary" to the tune of approximately $5,000 per year.

Why wasn't ASA able to "force" that on me?

Last edited:
The last one from the company may not have been, but how about their opening offer? 13% pay decrease for me as a 700 F/O, seems "concessionary" to the tune of approximately $5,000 per year.

Why wasn't ASA able to "force" that on me?

They are! They're taking the 700's away! The next one comes off the ASA certificate next week.

Nobody wins in a situation like this. You can have a great rate, but if you don't have anything bigger than a 200, then who came out ahead?

I hope something gets resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Latest resources

Back