• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say we vote this in, vote down the union. When we want another raise we can start a new union drive!! ALPA says this is the "last chance" but that is BS. They will always be chasing our dues money. Basically everytime we want a raise keep doing the union threat. It has worked pretty well so far. Lets face it its going to be a 2% paycut for years. This is a fair raise. No raise for the brasillia sucks but it is a dying fleet. We get the rates seperated and we can work on getting another raise later.

They are! They're taking the 700's away! The next one comes off the ASA certificate next week.

Nobody wins in a situation like this. You can have a great rate, but if you don't have anything bigger than a 200, then who came out ahead?

I hope something gets resolved in the next couple of weeks.

I hope something gets resolved as well, and I am hopeful it will. I believe you are a SKW pilot, and seeing the combined payscale probably going away gives me some hope that we will settle something as well. The Union and the Company are going back to the table later this month, so time will tell about this latest round of negotiations.

As far as the 700's being transfered, yes a great rate means nothing without the airframes, but I refuse to fly the 70-seater for less than I am already being paid on an already expired agreement. If I am going to be paid to fly at our 50-seat wages than I would rather fly the 50-seat aircraft.

It's definately a slippery slope either way.

That's a hollow victory. Let me pose this question: What would you do if the new rate that gets approved, is less than you're actually getting, but more than the 50 seater?

I have opossed SAPA, and management at every step, but as Clint said, a man has to know his limitations.

I say we vote this in, vote down the union. When we want another raise we can start a new union drive!! ALPA says this is the "last chance" but that is BS. They will always be chasing our dues money. Basically everytime we want a raise keep doing the union threat. It has worked pretty well so far. Lets face it its going to be a 2% paycut for years. This is a fair raise. No raise for the brasillia sucks but it is a dying fleet. We get the rates seperated and we can work on getting another raise later.

What planet are you from? The majority of the pilots either get no COLA for 10 years, or a whopping .1% per year(last 6 years with no COLA, and locked in for 4 more)...and you call this a "fair raise"???????

That's a hollow victory. Let me pose this question: What would you do if the new rate that gets approved, is less than you're actually getting, but more than the 50 seater?

I have opossed SAPA, and management at every step, but as Clint said, a man has to know his limitations.

Hmmm, let me see. I would hope that if for some reason we (ASA) accepted a contract that was less in pay than the current rate, we could make it up in other areas (ie, trip and duty rigs) I might be ok with it.

I consider myself to be a fence sitter in this whole mess we are all in. Do I want to take a paycut or a concessionary contract? No, but I also don't want to see my career disappear at the same time.

Right now, management is offering a 2 year pay freeze on our current 700 rates. Not something I care for, but if I were to be offered something for that in exchange than maybe so.

This is my first contract negotiation, so my learning curve is steep as I trudge through this whole process.

I don't get it.....you guys talk about selling out the 120 guys but look at the increase in pay rates for the CRJ. It's less than 2%. What is your longevity increase? Talk about selling someone else. You're selling out yourselves all around!

You really don't know how ALPA works do you? Skywest will COST ALPA money! No one at ALPA gives 2 shiits about your dues money. As a smaller carrier you will spend more money that you take from your pilots. You will be given money from ALPA from the general fund. Thats how it works. The benefit for ALPA is that you finaly get off your lazy as$es and start contributing to the industry instead of being part of the problem.

The last one from the company may not have been, but how about their opening offer? 13% pay decrease for me as a 700 F/O, seems "concessionary" to the tune of approximately $5,000 per year.

Why wasn't ASA able to "force" that on me?

1. If we weren't union, that probably wouldn't have been the opening offer. However they are playing the same negotiating game we are.

2. If they transfer airplanes, they will force it on you, regardless of ALPA's objections. Many ASA pilots will suffer 10-13% paycuts with the loss of 70 seaters. It is being "forced" on you, you just don't realize it.....

1. If we weren't union, that probably wouldn't have been the opening offer. However they are playing the same negotiating game we are.

Come on now Joe. If we weren't union, management would have long ago imposed whatever they wanted on us. George and John, Skippy, and now BL have all shown their true colors over time, and the union is the only thing protecting our pilot group to keep what we have.

Latest resources

Back