• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on now Joe. If we weren't union, management would have long ago imposed whatever they wanted on us. George and John, Skippy, and now BL have all shown their true colors over time, and the union is the only thing protecting our pilot group to keep what we have.

Under ASA, I agree, but with Skywest I believe the opener would be different. My understanding of Jerry is he opens very close to his final offer. I like that. The "used car" dickering is counter productive on both sides.

Why do we still have a retirement plan on the table over 4 years into the process?

By the way, congrats on your new job. Despite our differences on opinions, I am happy for you. Good luck over there.

Under ASA, I agree, but with Skywest I believe the opener would be different. My understanding of Jerry is he opens very close to his final offer. I like that. The "used car" dickering is counter productive on both sides.

Why do we still have a retirement plan on the table over 4 years into the process?

By the way, congrats on your new job. Despite our differences on opinions, I am happy for you. Good luck over there.

For those who don't know, Joey is not UNION! He just pays dues, doesn't uphold his duties to an elected position, sues the Union based on arguments with his circular reasoning, and is just a plain malcontent in life (taking great pride in it)!

The defined benefit retirement is something to trade, as most here know that it is not something that we are going to get. But, increased 401K contributions and monthly matching instead of yearly is something that is vital to get. Maybe the "used car" dickering is counter productive, but that is how ALL union negotiations go, not just under the RLA. JA opens close to his final offer, but what if what he opens with is not sufficiant? That is where the Skywest pilots are right now, and if they vote no they have nothing to show for it. At least with a union we have someplace to go after a no vote.

And thanks, I hope you know that I enjoyed flying with both you and L, and that while I disagree with you that doesn't mean that I don't have great respect for both of you...The one thing that I will really miss will be the people. We have one of the best pilot groups in the industry.

As for the new guys . . . I was hired here when we were not paid during training and made $19/hr for the first year. FNG's will get an hourly raise on their pay during training, so I don't want to hear it. :cool:

Not our fault you chose to work for free. There is NO Fvcking way I'd do two months of powerpoints slides and sims if I wasn't getting paid.

You really don't know how ALPA works do you? Skywest will COST ALPA money! No one at ALPA gives 2 shiits about your dues money. As a smaller carrier you will spend more money that you take from your pilots. You will be given money from ALPA from the general fund. Thats how it works. The benefit for ALPA is that you finaly get off your lazy as$es and start contributing to the industry instead of being part of the problem.

Ummm I am happy right here on my recliner, thanks for the offer though. Don't worry we will call ALPA next time we want another raise raise. I don't believe for a minute that it is unprofitable for alpa.

Ummm I am happy right here on my recliner, thanks for the offer though. Don't worry we will call ALPA next time we want another raise raise. I don't believe for a minute that it is unprofitable for alpa.

Think whatever you'd like, however I know for a fact that Express Jet ALPA spends more than it takes in dues.

ANd just keep sitting on your as$ while the rest of us try to pull this industry up while jerkoffs like you fly 70 seat airplanes for 50 seat wages.

Think whatever you'd like, however I know for a fact that Express Jet ALPA spends more than it takes in dues.

ANd just keep sitting on your as$ while the rest of us try to pull this industry up while jerkoffs like you fly 70 seat airplanes for 50 seat wages.

say what you must but our 50/70 seat wage is still above most regionals. Don't even chime in on the "90 seater" because we have no 90 seaters at SkyWest. only 900 models with 70-76 seats. Thanks for the offer but I will be taking my family out to dinner instead of paying dues. In fact when the raise kicks in I will be taking my family out for dinner even more. When we feel like taking our families out to dinner even more than we do now rest assured we will call ALPA to start a union drive. They will once again get excited and we will once again get a raise.

Its a fantastic system really. Don't worry all the other members can fund the next union drive. The money to try and sweet talk us has to come from somewhere right????? Politics sure can suck sometimes but hey it benefits us so might as well use it to our benefit and get a raise when we feel like one. The union drive will probably fail but I am not worried. Rest assured ALPA will be back some day just in time to get us another raise.

You really don't know how ALPA works do you? Skywest will COST ALPA money! No one at ALPA gives 2 shiits about your dues money. As a smaller carrier you will spend more money that you take from your pilots. You will be given money from ALPA from the general fund. Thats how it works. The benefit for ALPA is that you finaly get off your lazy as$es and start contributing to the industry instead of being part of the problem.

If we are so lazy and "part of the problem" why in the hell do you want us to be in your little club?

say what you must but our 50/70 seat wage is still above most regionals. Don't even chime in on the "90 seater" because we have no 90 seaters at SkyWest. only 900 models with 70-76 seats. Thanks for the offer but I will be taking my family out to dinner instead of paying dues. In fact when the raise kicks in I will be taking my family out for dinner even more. When we feel like taking our families out to dinner even more than we do now rest assured we will call ALPA to start a union drive. They will once again get excited and we will once again get a raise.

Its a fantastic system really. Don't worry all the other members can fund the next union drive. The money to try and sweet talk us has to come from somewhere right????? Politics sure can suck sometimes but hey it benefits us so might as well use it to our benefit and get a raise when we feel like one. The union drive will probably fail but I am not worried. Rest assured ALPA will be back some day just in time to get us another raise.

Is this the typical view at SKW??

Homo boy, let me explain something to ya.....you do have 90 seaters on property and your getting paid a 50 seat rate to fly it. I don't care how many seats you pull out of it, it's still a 90 Seat A/C. It dosen't matter to you because your still in the right seat, but come upgrade you might not be singing the same tune.

True . . .

Not our fault you chose to work for free. There is NO Fvcking way I'd do two months of powerpoints slides and sims if I wasn't getting paid.

You're right, I didn't say it was anybody's fault. I like where I am at. You're welcome to stay where you are.

I'm happy that new hires are getting paid during training. Anybody that thinks that the money they are being paid is not enough doesn't need to come here. Fortunately, there are still plenty of people who realize that this is a good place to work and are willing to come here at $19/hr for the first year.

Latest resources

Back