• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would you buy a car for sticker price? Probably not, so why would you take the first offer when it comes to pay? I'm not sure what it's like working for a carrier that doesn't have any representation, but you should never take the first offer when negotiating. It makes management think they should have offered less since you were so willing to jump on the first offer.

This isnt the first offer its the second and its not much better than the first. It looks like the same measley 1.2% they offered last time. The only difference is the Bro drivers are being sacraficed to split the 70 and 90 seat rates.

Deep breath Bluto. In with the good, out with the bad. :)

I for one am glad to see you guys moving away from a combined rate. I know you guys have no leverage with management and will do what you guys think is best for you.

As an ASA pilot, we are all watching closely what happens with you for obvious reasons. I think whoever settles first will be the measuring stick for the other group.

The links I posted earlier I hoped would be used by your group to decide if your current offer is fair and reasonable.

I believe that even though we are run as separate carriers, our current situations have more effect on eachother than any other airline right now.

Best of luck with your decisions.

Deep breath Bluto. In with the good, out with the bad. :)

I for one am glad to see you guys moving away from a combined rate. I know you guys have no leverage with management and will do what you guys think is best for you.

As an ASA pilot, we are all watching closely what happens with you for obvious reasons. I think whoever settles first will be the measuring stick for the other group.

The links I posted earlier I hoped would be used by your group to decide if your current offer is fair and reasonable.

I believe that even though we are run as separate carriers, our current situations have more effect on eachother than any other airline right now.

Best of luck with your decisions.

Well from what it sounds like this thing is going to be voted in. Even though this proposal splits the rates ITS CRAP!

This is the only part of your post that really matters. You have no idea what it's like. You people advocating a no-vote have no idea how things work at SkyWest. We voted down our last pay proposal. Do you know what happened? Pay talks ended. Our management said, "Ok, you must be happy with what we have now. Thanks for playing." The thing people fail to understand is that we have zero leverage. Zero. None. If we voted tomorrow, 100% no-vote. NOTHING WOULD CHANGE. This isn't like the car dealership where you can go across the street and buy a Toyota instead. Our management knows that the people who can move on will, and the rest aren't going anywhere, at least not in numbers that make a difference to them. Pay negotiations are completely different here from a union carrier. I'm hesitant even to call them negotiations. Have I stated it clearly enough? Under our current representative structure, there's nothing we can do to effect change that they aren't willing to offer.

But hey, thanks for the 7th grade lesson in negotiation.

Take it easy buddy. I didn't mean to get your panties in a bundle.

It seems kind of weird that you realize that you have absolutely no leverage and yet the majority of your pilot group doesn't want any kind of representation because they don't want to pay 2% out of their pay. Good luck with you 1% raise that won't even cover the cost of living increases. Oh yeah and those are some really nice rates on the 900's. Great job!

it's not a 'Bro'. it's an EMB-120 Brasilia. period. drives me nuts that guys who have 20 hrs in the airplane call it a 'Bro'.

i've never heard the airplane called a 'Bro' and i flew it for 3 years. flightinfo.com is the first and last place i've ever heard it. i can only hope it doesn't find its way into the vernacular.

Relax peaches. There's stew that refers to it as "The Brasildo".

You know I hear pilots complaining all the time about not getting a Cost of Living increase each year - but every pilot I know including skywest has a pay scale that gives them a raise every year. a 6th year captain makes more than a 5th year captain and so on. (EG: $63/hr to $65/hr is around a 3% increase). I would call that a raise. The only people who are not making more each year are the people at the top end of the pay scale.

You must either be new to the industry, management, or just ignorant? Those increases you speak of are for longevity... in the past we always got a longevity increase, and a cost of living increase! This allowed a senior crewmember to make more than a junior one, and gave us an increase that was supposed to keep up with inflation. 9/11 was used as an excuse to get rid of our cost of living increases, so now the pay has been going backward for the last 6 years(unless by some chance you've managed to continue paying the same prices today that you did 6 years ago, which I really doubt)!

You must either be new to the industry, management, or just ignorant? Those increases you speak of are for longevity... in the past we always got a longevity increase, and a cost of living increase! This allowed a senior crewmember to make more than a junior one, and gave us an increase that was supposed to keep up with inflation. 9/11 was used as an excuse to get rid of our cost of living increases, so now the pay has been going backward for the last 6 years(unless by some chance you've managed to continue paying the same prices today that you did 6 years ago, which I really doubt)!

So put that 737 rating to good use. Loser!

This isnt the first offer its the second and its not much better than the first. It looks like the same measley 1.2% they offered last time. The only difference is the Bro drivers are being sacraficed to split the 70 and 90 seat rates.

So are the 50 seat drivers, and combined with the Bro drivers that's the majority of the pilot group! This is a really pathetic offer!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back