• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like you would of rather see me lose my job with a 100% pay cut then you have to take any pay cut. Not going to happen the TA passed. At least you know a pay cut is coming so start planning for it. Or you can vote any concessionary contract down, hold the line for the industry and take a 100% pay cut. You don't have to vote it in. But I would imagine all the big talkers of Shut it Down will dwindle now that your house is under attack.

Oh you don't have to say you worked for pinnacle but it helps so much to say that you worked for ASA. Tallest midget argument again. Your at a regional!

Maybe so, but there is one thing that I won't have to say at any future job interviews, and I thank God for it. And that is, "I worked for Pinnacle".

Here's an idiot who thinks everybody should walk the streets for his salary.....

Clueless youngster....

Here's an idiot who thinks everybody should walk the streets for his salary.....

Clueless youngster....

Not a clueless youngster, but rather, a seasoned professional that isn't willing to provide his skills for charity pay.

I'm not expecting anyone to fall on the sword for me. I'm just not willing to bend over and grab my ankles.

First off JumpersAway this is just business. Everyday in our own lives we do exactly what Delta just did to PCL. Let's say you want to buy a new vehicle you go to one dealer and the price of the car you want to buy is 15K. You go to another dealer and they are willing to sell the exact same car for 14500. A savings to you of 500. Maybe the first dealer pays their work force more than the second one and gives them better benefits, do you care? Most people do not they just want to keep as much of there money as possible. That is exactly what Delta did to us at PCL. If we were not willing to deal they would of taken their business somewhere else. We do the same maneuver in each of our personal lives, it's just business. Delta's loyalty is to there stock holders not anybody else's.

Sounds like you would of rather see me lose my job with a 100% pay cut then you have to take any pay cut. Not going to happen the TA passed. At least you know a pay cut is coming so start planning for it. Or you can vote any concessionary contract down, hold the line for the industry and take a 100% pay cut. You don't have to vote it in. But I would imagine all the big talkers of Shut it Down will dwindle now that your house is under attack.

I've never understood this line of thought. Just how much in paycuts are you willing to take to keep your operation going? How much is too much? I hear the word "currency" fly around so much makes me think some would do this job for free just to be current when applying to other airlines. Yesterday you voted in paycuts with a 85% yes. What happens tomorrow when Delta wholly owns you and says they need another 10% or the flying will be farmed out to another regional and 9E shuts down?

Waylon, I get what you're saying. However, if Delta thinks they can leverage my costs to their liking, they are wrong. I will simply go somewhere else, and Delta can scramble to fill the 1600 pilots needed to fill ExpressJet's void. Between UAL, AA, and USAirways feeders, I'd land on my feet regardless. Delta can figure it out, and I'm sure they will- it just won't be with me and a new wage at 75% of what I am making now. Frankly, I'd be ok with becoming a feeder for AA/USAirways and severing the DAL ties.

I'm still hoping that management at ExpressJet will work WITH the pilots, rather than against them, to figure this out. Find the money somewhere else, because it will not be coming from me!

First off JumpersAway this is just business. Everyday in our own lives we do exactly what Delta just did to PCL. Let's say you want to buy a new vehicle you go to one dealer and the price of the car you want to buy is 15K. You go to another dealer and they are willing to sell the exact same car for 14500. A savings to you of 500. Maybe the first dealer pays their work force more than the second one and gives them better benefits, do you care? Most people do not they just want to keep as much of there money as possible. That is exactly what Delta did to us at PCL. If we were not willing to deal they would of taken their business somewhere else. We do the same maneuver in each of our personal lives, it's just business. Delta's loyalty is to there stock holders not anybody else's.

Yes he kind of knows that he was happy to see us stand on principal for the profession. We didn't because principal doesn't pay the mortgage. We have to live in the real world, and the real world says pilots aren't worth very much because there are a lot of guys who will work for less than us. Even after the TA, there are still companies who work for less than us.

I'm sorry we couldn't do better for everyone, but we got hammered and we lost. Sometimes we lose, and we're going to have to shake it off. Luckily sky west is worth more than the staples in the staplers. We were not.

Oh you don't have to say you worked for pinnacle but it helps so much to say that you worked for ASA. Tallest midget argument again. Your at a regional!

ASA/ExpressJet has no special clout within this industry. However, I'm just happy not to be associated with the largest industry wage anchor in the regional airline sector.

Yes he kind of knows that he was happy to see us stand on principal for the profession. We didn't because principal doesn't pay the mortgage. We have to live in the real world, and the real world says pilots aren't worth very much because there are a lot of guys who will work for less than us. Even after the TA, there are still companies who work for less than us.

I'm sorry we couldn't do better for everyone, but we got hammered and we lost. Sometimes we lose, and we're going to have to shake it off. Luckily sky west is worth more than the staples in the staplers. We were not.

It's a regional airline job, it isn't that worth it. What happens when Delta figures next to threaten just enough paycuts that you can only pay your mortgage and food bills. You'd pass it saying principles don't pay a mortgage? Just how much is too much? Where is the line drawn? Heck, Delta could have said all FOs topped at 30/HR and all CAs topped at 60/HR and you would have passed it. Maybe not 85% but at least 51% which is all Delta needs. I bet they are kicking themselves that 85% passed it and that they should have asked for more.

Latest resources

Back