• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta probably shouldn't want some of the guys they already have. They publish ASAP reports and if you read them, they are making the same mistakes us lowly regional pilots make. They also have plenty of backpack wearing individuals and those whose uniforms leave a lot to be desired as well.

Last edited:
Delta probably shouldn't want some of the guys they already have. They publish ASAP reports and if you read them, they are making the same mistakes us lowly regional pilots make. They also have plenty of backpack wearing individuals and those whose uniforms leave a lot to be desired as well.

Yeah, they are called Northwest pilots!
Just kidding northwest pilots, I miss your airline.

Yeah, they are called Northwest pilots!
Just kidding northwest pilots, I miss your airline.

You sound very familiar to a special little person RED ROSE. That right now is probably walking on that high cloud since he flying now a heavy 900.

If you think Gumm at Pinnacle is a good thing you are delusional. And hiring consultants to come in. Come on! Once all the 200's are gone and all 900's in place it's probably over. They will probably sell it off or disburse the 9's to other carriers. Hope not, but you can never say never with those slimy bastards. I think Menke saw the writing on the wall and knew this was a hopeless situation. They needed a "yes man" so they put Spanjebob in there for the BK. And now in comes the wind down guy.

They are not hiring consultants but rather CFO and COO with Gumm being CEO. Ill take a Naval Academy graduate with an impressive resume and former senior Vice president of Human Resources at NWA then Spanjers and company any day.

Why would they need this kind of horsepower only to wind us down in the near term? They could have done that with just Gumm or Spanjers for that matter. I am not saying 9E is a career but I think most of us will have plenty of time to move on. As far as attrition killing this company, other regionals will have just as much as airlines begin hiring.

Ha ha. Funny stuff. The 717s won't be operated by 9e, and the next bid will have the initial 100 717 Capts and 100 717 FOs up for bid, flown by mainline. Those 200 spots should cover the first 16 717s coming this year, and the next two years will have 36 717s each, for a total of 88 717s, all at mainline. By 2015 newhire wages will be $71 an hour on that plane, with 12 year Capt pay at $195 an hour on the 717. Not slave like wages. Good try Nostradamus.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sounds like..

United airlines pilot contract circa 2000.

Step one, New industry leading pilot wages

Step two, Use those wages towards a means to Chapter 11

Step three, Pay crappy wages, work rules, oh and dump your pension on the PGC

This was the playbook used at Pinnacle to get our "slave wages" Oh and by the way totally orchestrated by YOUR management team. I wonder if Pinnacle was the dry run?

Sounds like..

This was the playbook used at Pinnacle to get our "slave wages" Oh and by the way totally orchestrated by YOUR management team. I wonder if Pinnacle was the dry run?
Lets call a spade a spade, you got a chance to vote in your concessions, all of them. You could have easily said no and then seen what Delta did next, if their bluff really was true. I still refuse to believe an airline's business model can be 100% dependant on pilot concessions being passed. In the example you gave above with legacy airlines, the difference is in their Chptr 11, they were FORCED those things upon them by a BK judge. In 9E's case, 85% voted concessions with a yes vote.

What better way for Delta to help their problem than to absorb pinnacle right into their mainline list. 2000 pilots they will not need to hire. Also, 2000 pilots that the other guys wont be able to hire (some will still leave of course)
Delta is very forward thinking and for those of you who say no way this will never happen, ask yourself this:
1. Did you predict Delta would buy Pinnacle?
2. Did you predict Delta would buy a 50 % stake in virgin atlantic?
3. Did you predict Delta would buy an oil refinery?

Im not saying it will happen or that I even want it to happen but what I am saying is that I am very impressed with the moves delta has made vs the other legacies and nothing is impossible going forward.

There's some sense in what you're saying, but why didn't they absorb Comair with its only just over 600 pilots?

I am very skeptical that Delta will absorb us but a big difference with Comair is that they could not help Delta shed 200's at this point in time. 9E was Delta's way out of 140 200's that still had leases. This apparently had some value to Delta that we can speculate about but probably will never know a dollar amount.

Sounds like..

DL gets all of the 717s by 2015, all 88 of them, and I just gave the set pay rates by then. Your company went BK, don't blame us for that. DL pilot rates were set prior to your BK. Other airlines and investment companies did not come in and offer DIP financing for you to exit, so you get what you get. Remember, DL pilots already took a 47% paycut in the DL BK, and wages weren't the reason for the BK. Since those days, consolidation and new fees have helped booster legacy profits, but your company went BK on it's own, and nobody else wanted to lend you cash to get out. Now you are stuck because of that, not due to DL pilot wages set prior to your BK. Your pay cuts don't pay for DL pilot raises, the extra $2.5 billion each year from fees do. If you want DL pilot wages, throw in an app.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back