• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DL gets all of the 717s by 2015, all 88 of them, and I just gave the set pay rates by then. Your company went BK, don't blame us for that. DL pilot rates were set prior to your BK. Other airlines and investment companies did not come in and offer DIP financing for you to exit, so you get what you get. Remember, DL pilots already took a 47% paycut in the DL BK, and wages weren't the reason for the BK. Since those days, consolidation and new fees have helped booster legacy profits, but your company went BK on it's own, and nobody else wanted to lend you cash to get out. Now you are stuck because of that, not due to DL pilot wages set prior to your BK. Your pay cuts don't pay for DL pilot raises, the extra $2.5 billion each year from fees do. If you want DL pilot wages, throw in an app.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My post was directed less at the new Pinnacle contract and how got there. It was directed at the proud fact your getting the high pay for a 100 seat airplane.

The dry run reference was Delta and Delta pilots could be next. After all airline managements are under tremendous pressure to make more and more money..

The way I see our unions working so well with Delta and Pinnacle....All it would take would be for a secret letter of agreement with 9E union reps, Delta's Union reps, and delta. We shall call it LOA "bypass scope". It would include the voted upon pay rates by 9E for the 76 seat jets and possibly even new rates for the 100 seat type plane. I would also bet on a pay raise for current delta pilots. That way they could load up the cheap 76 flying with hundreds of planes but with no scope issues as they all would be Delta pilots.

This is a far fetched scenario as Delta does not have to do this to make a lot of money off of Pinnacle.

AS for Hats and uniforms. You at Delta might think buying uniform pieces as a good tax right off, for me its just something that takes money out of my kids mouths and my mortgage payments. There was a contract that said Pinnacle had to buy my uniform pieces and they skipped buying me a HAT, WINGS, and something to keep me warm. So screw the hats, unless I get a Delta number, then I will wear my sweater and whatever black jacket I want. AS for Hats, I will wear my black stocking cap to keep warm, my baseball cap while flying and that is it. My blue Mesaba hat will continue being my key holder at my house.

Giving us tens of thousands in pay cuts and then making us pay for our uniforms while you get tens of thousands in raises and having your uniform paid for does not give you the right to tell me to buy a bleeping hat.

Idiot.

Barry Wilbur is good people and did not get demoted going there. He actually got promoted with the big sheepskin title that only Haaaaaavaaahd grads get. I have worked with Barry and he did me a solid a couple times in the CP office. He's definitely a ladder climber and no pilot though....I don't think he's been in a Delta Cockpit.

Back in the day, Delta DID ship it's losers to Comair Island when they messed up at Mainline. I honestly think this management team is handing over some prized assets to really get the airline running right and the way Delta wants which means high corporate interest in making it successful, not just playing lowest bidder like GoJunk and the others fighting for scraps.

My change for a nickel from one of those eeeeeeeeevil Delta guys in his Submarine uniform who never looks at you in the terminal. (Joke)

Your welcome Mesaba...

I know this Delta Air Elite guy engineered the SeaGrave merger and brought on a whole new fleet and doubled the size and turned that ragtag operation around. Can't say I know him personally, but I think he's the real deal.

When I said above, Barry is no pilot, what I meant to say was, he was definitely on the seniority list and flew a few times (on express I think) and then started his trajectory on the management path. Good guy....one of those who you sorta say "Yeah, I get why he's moving on up!"

The only reason PCL is being run by DAL is to leverage lower rates against ExpressJet. Once your role in f-ing the ExpressJet pilots is complete, you will be cut loose and liquidated or parted out.

You are leverage, and nothing more. Enjoy your new pay scale, furloughs, and displacements, by the way.

I think the chance of getting "liquidated, parted out, etc" is probably greater for you right now.

Maybe so, but there is one thing that I won't have to say at any future job interviews, and I thank God for it. And that is, "I worked for Pinnacle".

Latest resources

Back