• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This coming from some dumbass regional flight attendant! Take a hike troll! This is the majors board Stick to something you know, like coke or diet coke!

You don't have to be such a nasty person!:smash:

Last edited:
Not trying to flame here, but what percentage of former legacy pilots are actually leaving JetBlue to return to their former carriers? What is the estimate? Also, I have heard that a number of JetBlue pilots have been leaving for SWA lately - is that true?

Hey, any raise is an improvement. I can see how they want to improve E190 pay because there are regional pilots on the E145 earning far more than what JetBlue is paying for the E190. The E190 is really flown like a regional aircraft at JetBlue too. If you want to attract or at least keep good pilots, you need to offer good rates - it's that simple...

If you want to attract or at least keep good pilots, you need to offer good rates - it's that simple...

That is obviously the strategy here. It is incredibly expensive to hire new guys and train them in.

JBLU is in a lose-lose situation here.

They lose money off the bottom line by giving pay raises and a DC plan.

Option 2 is to give no raise and lose pilots who choose to go back to their jobs at the legacies since the pay is better.

Personally, I am wondering if the raise isn't an excercise in futility as I wonder how many JBLU pilots actually feel in their heart that JBLU is a viable long-term entity. I only see the attrition rate increasing.

Please excuse me now, as I have to go throw a few back with Doug Parker at the titty bar.

Personally, I am wondering if the raise isn't an excercise in futility as I wonder how many JBLU pilots actually feel in their heart that JBLU is a viable long-term entity. I only see the attrition rate increasing.

Please excuse me now, as I have to go throw a few back with Doug Parker at the titty bar.

I'm all for more money and all the perks.
But I'm also interested in a sustainable, profitable business plan that allows the company to grow. Sometimes I feel all alone when I mention that to people.

I will add one thing.

JetBlue looked awful good to all those furloughees (me included) when I was on the street. And they didn't force anyone to come here and resign their number. That's no excuse for not having a competitive compensation package though. Things are a changing.

Tell Doogie Parker that after hitting the strip club and getting some of that stripper cheap perfume on you, its a good idea to fill up you 700 series Beemer and "spill" a little gas on yourself. You'll pass that wife smell inspection when you get home.

But I'm also interested in a sustainable, profitable business plan that allows the company to grow.

I think everyone's interested in that, but your salary and retirement have very little to do with it. Your compensation isn't even a blip on the balance sheet radar.

That is obviously the strategy here. It is incredibly expensive to hire new guys and train them in.

JBLU is in a lose-lose situation here.

They lose money off the bottom line by giving pay raises and a DC plan.

Option 2 is to give no raise and lose pilots who choose to go back to their jobs at the legacies since the pay is better.

Please excuse me now, as I have to go throw a few back with Doug Parker
at the titty bar.

Frank. Is that all you have?
Geeze Man, I've come to expect a biting wit. The kind that that takes a few minutes off the life expectancy of Blujuice Drinkers.
You're correct, it won't effect attrition.

Who you shorting in the airline biz?

Pig.

I think everyone's interested in that, but your salary and retirement have very little to do with it. Your compensation isn't even a blip on the balance sheet radar.

Hey pay for training boy your opinions are absolutely worthless on this forum.

Not trying to flame here, but what percentage of former legacy pilots are actually leaving JetBlue to return to their former carriers? What is the estimate? Also, I have heard that a number of JetBlue pilots have been leaving for SWA lately - is that true?

Hey, any raise is an improvement. I can see how they want to improve E190 pay because there are regional pilots on the E145 earning far more than what JetBlue is paying for the E190. The E190 is really flown like a regional aircraft at JetBlue too. If you want to attract or at least keep good pilots, you need to offer good rates - it's that simple...

Man, if only that were true.

FJ

Pay is not the only issue. A business plan that calls for sustained profitability is my biggest beef. We can't make money with these redicerous fares and little to no hedges. I would luv to be at a place that eats, sleeps and breathes profits. Our operations are too inefficient to truly rock the quarterly numbers. But then I am on the Junior Varsity team and every bad thing you read about jb is in truth, a lie. We have actually been making billions of dollars in profits every year. We also have 99% on time performance and we fly 110% of our schedule. No babies nor small woodland creatures were ever frozen to the tarmac at jfk. Jfk never has delays or 2 hour taxi times. My stock options are worth millions. The only reason pilots help clean the cabins is to sleep with flight attendants ("of course I'm sensitive baby").

Yes, many are leaving. Rumors (fact): 6 the first week of March, 35 or so the first two months of the year. Last year 50-60 (not getting good numbers from the company).

Reserve numbers suck, RSA calls all the time, the seniority list has been hovering around 1800 for a few months now and we having a hard time filling classes. Thus the open houses so close together. It's turning into a direct hire process: come to the interview and if we like you, the paperwork is in order, then you may start w/i a couple of weeks. If you have a backpack, some goo in your hair and a working knowledge of a Dash 8 or CL-65, then you are just what we are looking for. Have all three? You get to sleep with one of Neeleman's daughters (even the young one's, he's Mormon you know).

On the plus side, senior dudes are leaving too so maybe those upgrades won't be so long. But mostly the attrition is from the junior side to places like luv, purp, brown.

The new pay rates are a good step, the retirement (gulp) was var nice (add a b plan and we have a winner) and from what I hear the new reserve rules will really help life for those soon to be 24 month reserve CA stints. So some positives before we all vote for ALPA. At least we get all this stuff frozen when all(pa) hell breaks loose.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back