Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, ignore instructordude....he is a POS. He is a flamebait master. I

Wrong. I speak my mind.

cant tell you how many times I had to warn the guy when I was a mod.

Back when I was in Vietnam................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please...use the ignore feature. As for you instructor guy....you are truly a piece of work. Go back to your scab outfit

Call it what you want. I've never scabbed and never will. It does pay bills though and I can't complain, two bedroom apartment, hot chicks on the weekends, and a nice IROC. I'm happy!

Well you took the bait with such a simple statement!! Seriously Chef run for the PVC or PCG we could use you there instead of being the daily fluffer for oscams razor, frank lorenzo, and general lee

I like you chef i really do !!!

Ignore him Chef cause we like you here! PVC? Polyvinyl chloride? What would Chef do with PVC pipe anyway and why would he run for it? Confused. PCG? What the heck is that? Protestants for the Common Good? Chef is Catholic. Confused once again.

I think they're cabin cleaning acronyms:

PVC = Primary Vacuuming Captain
PCG = Primary Cleaning Guy

Does Jetblue issue newhires a vacumm during training and if they do, are they reuired to use payroll deduction?

Which vacuums are popular> Hoover, Dyson, etc....

Do you the pilots switch on who has vacumm cleaning duties during a trip? Kinda like your leg, you do you the vacuuming when we ge there.

Well you took the bait with such a simple statement!! Seriously Chef run for the PVC or PCG we could use you there instead of being the daily fluffer for oscams razor, frank lorenzo, and general lee

I like you chef i really do !!!

Run for the PVC? You mean you voted for someone you knew or actually could distinguish from all the other nameless, faceless pilots at jb?

Run for the PCG? You mean we voted for those dudes? I guess I was sick that day.

If you really think I agree or have responded in the positive to Frank or the General, then you are proving me correct. You really don't read my posts. I have not supported those two (and many other jb bashers) on flightinfo.

Now Occam's just smart and unlike most, he gets it.

I don't care if you like me. What I care is that you come on here and refuse to acknowledge some of the facts about jb. I think everyone who wants to come here is entitled to that.

Last edited:
I would luv to be at a place that eats, sleeps and breathes profits. Our operations are too inefficient to truly rock the quarterly numbers.

Reserve numbers suck, RSA calls all the time,

Thus the open houses so close together. It's turning into a direct hire process: come to the interview and if we like you, the paperwork is in order, then you may start w/i a couple of weeks.

The new pay rates are a good step, the retirement (gulp) was var nice (add a b plan and we have a winner) and from what I hear the new reserve rules will really help life for those soon to be 24 month reserve CA stints.

So some positives before we all vote for ALPA. At least we get all this stuff frozen when all(pa) hell breaks loose.

Not a bad post Bavarian...
A little light on the sarcasm... some realistic comments and no huge dark cloud hanging over your head today?

I'll add my perspective since you asked.

Fuel hedging is crapshoot.. you know that. And it costs $$$$.. I think we need to buy an office with a view of SWA's fuel hedging office and try to telescope in on their computer screen. Nobody does it better. Or is luckier.

RSA calls are not the end of the world.. its voluntary you know? Caller ID and all. I would love to see the JUNIOR ASSIGNMENTs though. That's when I start getting angry.

Yes, We all KNOW SWA rocks! No interview yet?

Why don't you get over the whole open house immediate job offer thing? Still bummed it took two years to get the interview? Thats the past man. Its supply/demand ECON 101. A LOT of airlines hire RJ/Regional guys. Its the way it USUALLY works. They even hire military jocks with no crew concept, no instrument time, no deicing experience and no Northeast corridor experience.

The 5% contribution of gross earnings is, in essence, a "B" Plan. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it sure looks like it. It also is enhanced with the profitsharing cash component and the 5% 401k match.

Lastly,
If/when we go ALPA.... EVERYTHING is on the table... we won't necessarily be guaranteed what we have. And count on a more typical 18-36 month negotiation process if things turn nasty/confrontational.

Stay happy!

Last edited:
Not a bad post Bavarian...
A little light on the sarcasm... some realistic comments and no huge dark cloud hanging over your head today?

I'll add my perspective since you asked.

Fuel hedging is crapshoot.. you know that. And it costs $$$$.. I think we need to buy an office with a view of SWA's fuel hedging office and try to telescope in on their computer screen. Nobody does it better. Or is luckier.

RSA calls are not the end of the world.. its voluntary you know? Caller ID and all. I would love to see the JUNIOR ASSIGNMENTs though. That's when I start getting angry.

Yes, We all KNOW SWA rocks! No interview yet?

Why don't you get over the whole open house immediate job offer thing? Still bummed it took two years to get the interview? Thats the past man. Its supply/demand ECON 101. A LOT of airlines hire RJ/Regional guys. Its the way it USUALLY works. They even hire military jocks with no crew concept, no instrument time, no deicing experience and no Northeast corridor experience.

The 5% contribution of gross earnings is, in essence, a "B" Plan. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it sure looks like it. It also is enhanced with the profitsharing cash component and the 5% 401k match.

Lastly,
If/when we go ALPA.... EVERYTHING is on the table... we won't necessarily be guaranteed what we have. And count on a more typical 18-36 month negotiation process if things turn nasty/confrontational.

Stay happy!

I am happy, had a great day with the wife and kids.

One of the reasons I abhore you is because you pretend to know me, my background, my current situation or my experience. You never tire of throwing those barbs out there and in every case you are wrong. As usual I will not return the favor. Apparently a challenge towards jb is perceived as a challenge towards you. I think you are the one that needs to lighten up.

My timeline, since you politely asked was pretty darn quick in 2005. Two weeks after I got the ATP I put my app in at jb and a cargo company. 6 weeks after that jb called (availability to far out there). 3 weeks after that I interviewed with jb. One week later got the phase two email. 4, yes 4 weeks after that I was called with a class date. I did my jb training while still on active duty. 12 days after my jb checkride, I finally finished active duty. Definitely not two years. 5 whole weeks from interview to offer. How does that mesh with your version of reality?

I only mentioned fuel hedging because, oh I don't know -- IT'S FREAKIN' IMPORTANT. But it's not the ONLY reason why swa is successful. Only the JV team thinks that. BTW, what's the price of oil these days? Ahead of the summer driving season too.

RSAs are no big deal? Okay, not that big of a deal. But it certainly gives insight to our staffing numbers, WHICH WAS MY POINT. But that being said, it is much cheaper (for the company) to RSA than it is to upgrade captains. Not being able to fly 1000 hours is IMHO a precursor of what's to come this summer. And that should bother you. How about being able to PTO/UTO? That important to you? Not enough reserves and flying reserves to death is certainly cheaper than hiring more pilots. Or being able to keep them during and after training, if you believe the rumors about some recent attritions. You want some decent profit sharing don't you? Well than you should be angry we dumped 1000 hours, in other words, PROFIT.

Military jocks with no instrument time? Where? Deicing is tough? The Northeast corridor? Is that like "going downtown"? Ohmagod. You really need to spend a week with those forward deployed pilots and see what tough is. You been shot at? Had to shell out of an airplane? Land on a unlit postage stamp, I mean aircraft carrier at 3 am? Spend up to 6 months away from your newborn baby? Better yet, shower with shoes on for 6 months? If you don't get my jokes about the young, hair gel backpack-lugging new hires, then you aren't based in nyc. The point you are missing is what that says about the job and where the morale of this company may be headed. If we hire guys content with these benefits and pay rates, what's the incentive to raise them?

It's not a 5% B plan. But I bet a B plan is in the works. I least that's what I hear.

I put my app in at LUV only recently and turned down the cargo option (doh!) because I wasn't a fan of redeyes. My wife is starting to think I am not a fan of money. If I get called at LUV, then who knows what happens. But if I left it would be because I don't think jb is ever gonna be as big or as successful as luv. Bringing "humanity back to air travel" doesn't allow for it. And frankly, I am afraid to work 25 years at jb in anticipation of the next "big" year. Who knows. Oh that's right, YOU do.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back