• Start date
  • Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this thread is ridiculous...but it does make me wonder why I had 3.. count them 3 guys in my class that left CAL for SWA. Did i mention 3???? One had been there over a year. I have friends at CAL and they like it...to each their own. I think SWA is for me...and it has to do with way more than $$$ or the size of the stinkin airplane...if money and airplane size was the same at all carriers I think everyone would want to work at SWA (trust me)

And his words were also that SWA requires the 737 PIC type rating. So yes, apparently you would still need to fork over the wad (of cash).

Maybe it would just be a few sim sessions to remove the "VFR only" on the circle. Then you would be good to go!!!

Good luck with that. I predict Southwest will negotiate a CONCESSIONARY contract, the next round. The majors are all coming back, and the arrogance at Southwest will be crushed.

I thought the Pilots at the majors were/are, "Taking it Back". Does that mean more money, more time off, more rig time instead of actual flying, IRO/IRP sitting around getting paid and not flying, more employee tribalism, more "Summers of Love", airplanes sitting around for 55 minutes or more flying through the hubs, and 3-3:59 hub sit arounds?

Wonder what "Taking it Back" will do to costs?

Last edited:
Heavy set, you are full of crap. and your head is so far up your butt you need a window in your stomach so you can see where you are going. You are simply repeating the puke you have read here and not factual at all.

Hi!

Hiring update: UAL has called ALL their furloughees, and they're starting up the list from the bottom. NWAh has only about 40 pilots left on the list who haven't been called.

It'll be very, very interesting to see what happens when AA/USAir/UAL/NWA and everyone else are hiring all at the same time. The big airlines' mgmt, I believe, have no idea how difficult it wil be to get the quality of pilots they want when they start hiring again. The regional mgmt know it's bad for them, but even they might not realize how much worse it will get.

Which mgmt team will be the first to unilaterally raise pilot pay and benefits???

cliff
YIP

Hi!

Hiring update: UAL has called ALL their furloughees, and they're starting up the list from the bottom. NWAh has only about 40 pilots left on the list who haven't been called.

It'll be very, very interesting to see what happens when AA/USAir/UAL/NWA and everyone else are hiring all at the same time. The big airlines' mgmt, I believe, have no idea how difficult it wil be to get the quality of pilots they want when they start hiring again. The regional mgmt know it's bad for them, but even they might not realize how much worse it will get.

Which mgmt team will be the first to unilaterally raise pilot pay and benefits???

cliff
YIP

Well, it's just an opinion. I don't think there will be quite the "quality of pilots" problem you speak of. When all the above listed companies start to hire, I seriously doubt it is going to be like the bat sh1t pre 9/11 frenzy.

Of some of the companies hiring right now;

CAL-plenty of qualified guys have applied, just can't get called. Don't know enough people.

DAL-Same, plenty of guys filled out the airlinesapps, same thing.

FedEX-How many apps on file? 10,000 or something? I'm sure pleny of those guys are qualifed, still, no call. Don't know enough people or have the requisite number of moon landings in their log book.

UPS-Excluding that whole "trans-oceanic" thing, still plenty of guys applying that are qualified and apply (when the window opens), not gettting called.

With guys seperating from the military, the bazillion regional CA's out there with 1000's of PIC, the fractional guy looking to move in the airlines, and whoever else, I don't think the airlines will suffer from a talent shortage. There are just too many qualified people for it to get that desperate.

Well, it's just an opinion. I don't think there will be quite the "quality of pilots" problem you speak of. When all the above listed companies start to hire, I seriously doubt it is going to be like the bat sh1t pre 9/11 frenzy.

Of some of the companies hiring right now;

CAL-plenty of qualified guys have applied, just can't get called. Don't know enough people.

DAL-Same, plenty of guys filled out the airlinesapps, same thing.

FedEX-How many apps on file? 10,000 or something? I'm sure pleny of those guys are qualifed, still, no call. Don't know enough people or have the requisite number of moon landings in their log book.

UPS-Excluding that whole "trans-oceanic" thing, still plenty of guys applying that are qualified and apply (when the window opens), not gettting called.

With guys seperating from the military, the bazillion regional CA's out there with 1000's of PIC, the fractional guy looking to move in the airlines, and whoever else, I don't think the airlines will suffer from a talent shortage. There are just too many qualified people for it to get that desperate.

Agreed. The statistics have always been more of Kit Darby/flight school number than a reality. Kit needed to keep his business afloat and flight schools needed students. Along with the upcoming age change things will not be as dire as many have speculated.

Hey, if it floats their boat. So what if they leave CAL. Perhaps this sends a message to absurdly overpaid mgmt that health insurance for a pilot is a smal price to pay compared to the cost of recruitment, training... and oh yeah, employee loyalty.

Dude it's just a job. Calm down.

You know what brother - you're right. I apologize for getting out of line earlier. I forgot some humility in getting worked up over a very few select f**ksticks on here that hold a ridiculous grudge towards mil guys. When I finished the Eagle B course my commander told me it's an honor and not a right to fly for your country, and he's right.

This thread was certainly not my best showing. After all, it is - just a job. Being a good person is ultimately what takes the cake.

Latest resources

Back