• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Flying for XJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class warfare? Its not management's fault the two MECs can't get along. ASA and XJT are both ALPA. Both MECs should have the same goal in mind. Supposed to be one strong union? Brotherhood? Please. Just a bunch of ego's running into each other.

Taking A/C out of the desert and putting them on one side of the operation definately pits one group against the other. No wonder why both groups are pi**ed off at each other. I'm quite certain that the MEC's didn't order the planes out of the boneyard.

Taking A/C out of the desert and putting them on one side of the operation definately pits one group against the other. No wonder why both groups are pi**ed off at each other. I'm quite certain that the MEC's didn't order the planes out of the boneyard.

I would imagine the company is trying to place all aircraft that are sitting side-lined. They shop them to the respective mainline partners who then decide which aircraft they want and don't want.

That it pits one side against the other will be the case until there is truly one unified company and seniority list. As long as there are two groups flying different aircraft around there will always be the unintended consequence when one mainline carrier picks one over the other.

I'm sure management doesn't mind a squabble but that's our reality until we come to an agreement.

The planes are owned by CAL who was paying the leases to let them sit. What did you expect BH to do? Start an EMB program at ASA for 5 135s? Be reasonable and think analytically people. It's 5 airplanes of growth, not 35

The planes are owned by CAL who was paying the leases to let them sit. What did you expect BH to do? Start an EMB program at ASA for 5 135s? Be reasonable and think analytically people. It's 5 airplanes of growth, not 35

There's more ERJs coming to feed American... Just wait! I bet the RFP for that flying is already out.

Speaking of which, when are YOU going to upgrade, or are you waiting until they slap some big ol' knobby tires and Flowmasters on a 145 before you take off your skirt and grab the tiller, you big pansy! I heard they're bringing back the 135, next thing you know, they'll be hauling pax in old Geronimos to Easterwood!

You know I had to mess with you, how are things going on the ERJ side of things? It's not as bad as it could be over here, at least we're not furloughing like we thought they might, for now.

I think things will be getting better for everybody by early next year, if not sooner (I hope). Funny how we ended up working for the same airline after all!

I was telling munson we should hang some of those steel cow balls from the tail of the ERJ and just taxi around Houston watching peoples face. Maybe have them hang so low that when I rotate they drag on the pavement!:laugh:
I go to training next month you SOB!:smash: I was waiting for IAH CA, commuting sucks. Why don't we go for a ride on a golf cart at DWH sometime and I'll throw you off the back again! Next time I suggest a helmet and some football pads. :beer:

Naaaa- absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a CRJ-ERJ issue, not a pit-the-pilot-group-against-each-other maneuver. Problem is there are no CRJ's for us to fly for another mainline partner. Besides, our CRJ's are broke $hit anyway.

Naaaa- absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a CRJ-ERJ issue, not a pit-the-pilot-group-against-each-other maneuver. Problem is there are no CRJ's for us to fly for another mainline partner. Besides, our CRJ's are broke $hit anyway.
Well our POS Presidient, VP of flight ops, and SC would make us think otherwise. I think they are getting their rocks off on our (ASA) situtation. There job is to make money but they dont need to rub this crap in our face. Congrats expressjet you deserve this for being a better regional.

Latest resources

Back