• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Flying for XJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"for being a better regional"??? That's like winning gold in the special olympics. All regionals suck and they need to close these crap holes down.

I guess I dont understand this.

How does wanting to better our current contract make us bitter?

How does our MEC being willing to look at and research every thing(specifically PBS vs. line bidding) vs. your MEC refusing to look at and research every thing(again specifically PBS vs. line bidding) make us bitter?

How does our MEC's failure to bow to the companies demands or make concessions make us bitter?

And while I feel bad for you guys losing airplanes while we are gaining a few and gaining block hours and renewing contracts and upgrading and hiring and I could go on, people who have attitudes like yours make me not feel quite as bad.
I know you are in the minority in your attitude and opinion, but wow.

After being sold out by the ASA mec and Expressjet having a better contract, even in concessions, It's safe to say most ASA pilots are ready for some militance. Not to mention OCC has become hostile to the front-line employees and another perfect storm is brewing.

After being sold out by the ASA mec and Expressjet having a better contract, even in concessions, It's safe to say most ASA pilots are ready for some militance. Not to mention OCC has become hostile to the front-line employees and another perfect storm is brewing.

What he said... Anyone remember September '07? If things don't change for the better, I can see a repeat coming.

sooner rather than later. FMLA?....denied. alternate deadhead?......denied, COMA?......denied. early release?...........denied. Replacement day off per the contract.......denied. Run down planes,. shoddy maintenance, no printers in ORD that work, aggressive schedulers. Sorry...you waited for the van for 45 minutes during a SCHEDULED reduced rest overnight? Sorry BLOW ME, 4 hours of sleep for you. Legal is safe.

I'm there already.

...and I can't wait to see the chaos that you KNOW is coming one day. "Expressjet" seems to think that attrition is never going to pick up. When it does (whether that is in 6 months or 2 years), management WILL be caught flat-footed and the cancellations due to lack of crews will shoot through the roof. By then, it will be too late to hire (especially since there will be no one left to hire) and its going to be entertaining to watch the circus that follows.

I can already hear it now... "It doesn't matter how we got here..."

sooner rather than later. FMLA?....denied. alternate deadhead?......denied, COMA?......denied. early release?...........denied. Replacement day off per the contract.......denied. Run down planes,. shoddy maintenance, no printers in ORD that work, aggressive schedulers. Sorry...you waited for the van for 45 minutes during a SCHEDULED reduced rest overnight? Sorry BLOW ME, 4 hours of sleep for you. Legal is safe.

I'm there already.

Maybe you should ask your captain about that stuff. Wait 45 minutes for a van? Thirty minutes after block in and my bags are in the trunk of a cab. I don't care that the hotel isn't paying for it, the contract guarantees that I am reimbursed through the company. The van's on the way? The check's in the mail.

Not getting your replacement days off from the company? Make a phone call. If the printer is out of paper is ORD, ask the gate agent for more paper or walk to the next gate.

The maintenance is more complicated than that, but our pilot group has shown professionalism at standing up to say "This is unsafe" when the conditions warrant. Unequivocally, the pilots staffed at IAD are flying airplanes and for a carrier that overall require more effort than our brothers staffed at DTW and ATL. Trade back to ATL if it's too much for you.

I absolutely agree with you that we are overworked, underpaid, and get little respect while at work. However, none of that should mean you burn the place down.

Maybe you should ask your captain about that stuff. Wait 45 minutes for a van? Thirty minutes after block in and my bags are in the trunk of a cab. I don't care that the hotel isn't paying for it, the contract guarantees that I am reimbursed through the company. The van's on the way? The check's in the mail.

Not getting your replacement days off from the company? Make a phone call. If the printer is out of paper is ORD, ask the gate agent for more paper or walk to the next gate.

The maintenance is more complicated than that, but our pilot group has shown professionalism at standing up to say "This is unsafe" when the conditions warrant. Unequivocally, the pilots staffed at IAD are flying airplanes and for a carrier that overall require more effort than our brothers staffed at DTW and ATL. Trade back to ATL if it's too much for you.

I absolutely agree with you that we are overworked, underpaid, and get little respect while at work. However, none of that should mean you burn the place down.

Are you are one of the guys who fly broke airplanes all day and lay them on the next crew? Either that or you are one of the mec? The Feds find it strange our planes break in ATL or in base.

Are you are one of the guys who fly broke airplanes all day and lay them on the next crew? Either that or you are one of the mec? The Feds find it strange our planes break in ATL or in base.

No, I call them as I see them. When some reserve crew flies a broke plane, uncomfortable to our passengers because "we just wanted to get to the overnight" I politely inform OCC that we have a discrepancy to address before we depart.

No, I do not tow the line of the association, nor do I tow the line of the company. I go to work and do my job, and then I come home.

GoJets is hiring for those who aren't happy here....

Latest resources

Back