• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not saying it's you personally or not, but......living in a foreign country is all about having the ability to respect different cultures rather than judge them compared to your own. If you are in someone elses country why would anyone think they shouldn't respect local customs? Overseas living, just like International travel is not for everyone. But I think those that have a career that includes expat flying have a richer life with wider experience because of it.
Some people have no problems living in foreign countries, others do. But those that do have problems can usually trace their difficulties to their attitude as the problem.

Not me...you are correct, I could care less about where they put me.

I just think they treat women like cattle over there and have lost respect for a lot of them. But if you have to live in the sandbox, the closest place for tolerance is DXB.

Not me...you are correct, I could care less about where they put me.

I just think they treat women like cattle over there and have lost respect for a lot of them. But if you have to live in the sandbox, the closest place for tolerance is DXB.

I'm confused as to how they treat women like cattle over here.

Can you please enlighten me and explain the ways you saw women being treated like cattle over here?

(GasP) Varmint.....drop your head in the sand and keep it there.

Covering the women up head to toe when its 50C....next door they wont even let them drive. Go the other direction next door and they impose sharia and marry them off at 11 and participate in honor killing etc.....stop defending the underlying extremist medeival attitude they have in the region.

Stay enlightened Varmint....Damascus and Beirut were once considered the safe dream of the sandbox.

Last edited:
I'm confused as to how they treat women like cattle over here.

Can you please enlighten me and explain the ways you saw women being treated like cattle over here?

Earlier you spoke of profiling. I think you were right then, but I have to question this post. Are you denying that you have those sorts of problems over there? You might be in some protected little oasis, but there does indeed exist a problem with treatment of women in the region. Im not interested in splitting hairs or giving DXB or Emirates the benefit of the doubt. It's like profiling, really. As much as you might disagree, I don't see whats going on in DXB as a sufficient solution to human rights. Nor do I see DXB or Emirates as anything but a spoiler or de facto benefactor to the horrible things perpetrated by others from that region, religion or of that decent. After what our Country has had to come in and do in the region, I don't think a single company should come out of there flourishing where US companies are not. Least of all a commercial airline. Maybe I'm not 100% right, maybe not even 50%, I don't know. But I think that discussion ought to take place. It needs to be part of the dialog in what should lead to a national air transportation policy in the US.

Last edited:
(GasP) Varmint.....drop your head in the sand and keep it there.

Covering the women up head to toe when its 50C....next door they wont even let them drive. Go the other direction next door and they impose sharia and marry them off at 11 and participate in honor killing etc.....stop defending the underlying extremist medeival attitude they have in the region.

Stay enlightened Varmint....Damascus and Beirut were once considered the safe dream of the sandbox.

Are we discussing Dubai or next door? I've never defended the "region"....I just correct statements that are incorrect or skewed.

Last time I checked, most women in Dubai dressed themselves and didn't have someone dress them. There are no laws stating that the Abaya has to be worn here and there are plenty of women who don't wear it. Some do CHOOSE to wear it.

I asked a simple question.....for you to back up your statement with facts. So far, you have only come up with "covering the women up from head to toe when its 50C". Care to add anymore? The rest of the accusations were for other countries. Because Mexico is in the same region as the US, should I make blanket statements regarding problems there when speaking specifically of the US?

Trying to personally insult someones level of awareness and intelligence to take away from your inability to answer questions and back up statements that you made is a cheap shot. You tend to do that a lot.

Earlier you spoke of profiling. I think you were right then, but I have to question this post. Are you denying that you have those sorts of problems over there? You might be in some protected little oasis, but there does indeed exist a problem with treatment of women in the region. Im not interested in splitting hairs or giving DXB or Emirates the benefit of the doubt. It's like profiling, really. As much as you might disagree, I don't see whats going on in DXB as a sufficient solution to human rights. Nor do I see DXB or Emirates as anything but a spoiler or de facto benefactor to the horrible things perpetrated by others from that region, religion or of that decent. After what our Country has had to come in and do in the region, I don't think a single company should come out of there flourishing where US companies are not. Least of all a commercial airline. Maybe I'm not 100% right, maybe not even 50%, I don't know. But I think that discussion ought to take place. It needs to be part of the dialog in what should lead to a national air transportation policy in the US.

I am not denying problems but I didn't make the initial unsupported statement either. Bill said he thought that they just treated their women like cattle over here...so I asked how.

I bolded a portion of your text above. What has the US been forced to come do in the UAE and how does that have anything to do with the UAE and Emirates? It was the choice of the US to go into Iraq and Afghanistan. The UAE supported the war on terror and allowed the US to operate in and out of here. Do you think that decision helped or hurt what other countries in the "region" think of the UAE and did it possibly put a terror target on its' back?

Your last comment regarding US airlines flourishing is understandable. However, if you want unrestricted access to the world you have to offer unrestricted access to the world. I think a free trade and a free enterprise society is much more beneficial and lucrative to everyone involved than a protectionist society is. It forces competition and forces companies to strive for their "A" game if they want to remain viable.

Last edited:
I am not denying problems but I didn't make the initial unsupported statement either. Bill said he thought that they just treated their women like cattle over here...so I asked how.

I bolded a portion of your text above. What has the US been forced to come do in the UAE and how does that have anything to do with the UAE and Emirates? It was the choice of the US to go into Iraq and Afghanistan. The UAE supported the war on terror and allowed the US to operate in and out of here. Do you think that decision helped or hurt what other countries in the "region" think of the UAE and did it possibly put a terror target on its' back?

Your last comment regarding US airlines flourishing is understandable. However, if you want unrestricted access to the world you have to offer unrestricted access to the world. I think a free trade and a free enterprise society is much more beneficial and lucrative to everyone involved than a protectionist society is. It forces competition and forces companies to strive for their "A" game if they want to remain viable.

We already have access to the World, and negotiate directly with other countries, not via Gulf Carriers. I would bet that countries like Japan and China don't really want your A380 flying NRT to LAX or PVG to LAX, primarily because it could hurt their own national airlines. Not every country wants you to move in on their own airlines' turf. The 3 big Gulf carriers are going to get so many new planes (wouldn't that involve crushing debt for MOST airlines?), of course they are looking for places to put them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

With AA's link up with QR ... Etihad linking up with Deltas ugly sister Air France....the 777X described as the 777EK by Willie W. & Al Baker...

...I think it's pretty obvious where corporate America's priorities lie.

Roll on MIA DTW ORD PHL ATL.

And if the bookings stay like they are now for MXP-JFK...look for more of the same.

fv

With AA's link up with QR ... Etihad linking up with Deltas ugly sister Air France....the 777X described as the 777EK by Willie W. & Al Baker...

...I think it's pretty obvious where corporate America's priorities lie.

Roll on MIA DTW ORD PHL ATL.

And if the bookings stay like they are now for MXP-JFK...look for more of the same.

fv

Congrats with that, but those people flying through the ME are either going there to stay, or onto India or Pakistan. There is no reason a US citizen would fly through DXB or AUH to go to Europe or Asia. So, you have one extra flight from JFK to Europe, it's vey doubtful you'll turn any US city into a hub. Birmingham to BOS??? Really? It's great your MXP flight is doing so great, 4 other airlines on the same route won't make it easy. It's very doubtful you'll do the same on even more lucrative routes, like LHR to JFK. Nah...... Enjoy BOS to Birmingham.... Sounds like a winner...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back