Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N813CA said:
what do parents and family get

Parents get either ID-90 or ID-75, I can't remember for sure but I think it is the latter. When my parents had them, they just never used them. They could usually buy full fare for about the same price on other carriers.

No Buddy Passes.
No S-2s.
No travel net.
Unlimited S3Cs, domestic only (which for Delta is basically the western hemishpere)
S3 on your own airline. Delta employees revert to S3Cs when flying on non-owned DCI carriers.

Three international travel days per year. (Essentially a RT to Europe)

All the above are based on DOH.

Better than nothing, but a far cry from what we currently have. And like someone mentioned, they may very well change in BK. I think it's going to make it harder for a lot of people to get around. Delta employees loose priority on ASA flights and vice versa.

It will be interesting to see how the benefits will work for parents on Skywest/ASA flights. Will they stay under the Delta pass system or does Skywest have a separate, in house pass system? For example, when I was at ACA, we had "blue passes" in addition to the UAL/Delta benefits. Those passes could only be used on company aircraft and afforded you the highest priority for nonreving based on DOH.

If such a system exists, at least our parents could try to get around the U.S. that way. The down side being you would be trying to nonrev on RJs everywhere you would want to go.

In the meantime, I plan to burn as many S2s as I can before they are no more.

I'm confused. Has there been a n announcement regarding our post-sale pass priviledges or is this all just speculation based on what Skywest has right now??

FmrFreightDog said:
I'm confused. Has there been a n announcement regarding our post-sale pass priviledges or is this all just speculation based on what Skywest has right now??

It falls into the same category as the pending SLC ASA domicile closure.

Remember...

There's an entitlement issue here that needs to be checked. Remember that retired guys have always had improved priority....long before you came along. One day you may enjoy the same perk. I see this type of happening with increasing regularity; some of us need to remember the things we knew about the biz. to begin with, and we ALL knew how badly it was going to suck to be junior. At least those of us who were in the industry for more than 9 months before we could afford to buy our first job.

And here's a bit of a golden rule:

The jumpseat is first come, first served. Don't ask, don't tell. I wouldn't do either.

Don't try to modify decades of unspoken understanding with your uber-intelligence.....that road was paved long before most of us came along, and it worked for all those years.

Remember when elaine and jerry decided that they COULD have a friendship and all the guilt-free sex they wanted by establishing a framework of rules?

.................it just made things more complicated and awkward.

What will suck will not be the S3C (I've kind of psyched myself up to take the hit), but the loss of Travelnet access. If I have to deal with that phone number anymore I think I'll kill myself.

And I agree, a lot of employees will leave if our benefits go away. Not just flight and inflight, but I bet from the GO too...

180ToTheMarker said:
I know alot of FAs at ASA that work there only for the travel benefits. If their priority changes I bet there will be a mass exodus of FAs. Thoughts?
Not just the flight attendants. When Jerry Atkin came to Atlanta the only questions the rampers had were travel benefits, travel benefits, travel benefits.... The same question got asked ( and answered ) at least four times. The only difference between ASA and Wendy's is travel benefits and the better working environment at Wendy's.

~~~^~~~ said:
Not just the flight attendants. When Jerry Atkin came to Atlanta the only questions the rampers had were travel benefits, travel benefits, travel benefits.... The same question got asked ( and answered ) at least four times. The only difference between ASA and Wendy's is travel benefits and the better working environment at Wendy's.
God forbid any of our rampers quit. A mass exodus might be just what the doctor ordered. Perhaps Mgt might realize that they have to pay a decent wage to attract any thing other that the Fast Food Rejects who could give a sh1t whether or not the airline is sucessful.

FmrFreightDog said:
So semi-baseless speculation and a big, fat waste of time and mind energy.

In a nutshell, yes.

I'm sure the travel bennies will change and SLC may close....but masturbating the endless possibilites to death on FlightInfo is, while entertaing, quite pointless.

Latest resources

Back