Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well-hung Start said:
Think about this:

You are in uniform trying to commute to work as a Regional Pilot making about 25% of what a Mainline pilot now makes. You are S3C.

A RETIRED Mainline pilot, who not only earned each year of his career what it takes you about 10 years to earn now, but who retired several years ago with a lump sum which, in one check, exceeded your entire career earnings, is standby for the same flight. He is S3B.

That's what's happening!

But you're living the dream.

Move to your domicile or quit whining about commuting.

Guys, I fly for ASA and don't expect to be put above a retired Delta pilot. Are you saying all the years the retiree put in are not worth as much as your possible 10 years? I hope we don't lose our priority travel but I think you have to expect it under the circumstances with rumors that mainline travel bennies are gonna be cut some.

Ha ha ha ha!

Sorry guys, can't help it. NOW I remember why I quit haulin trash and went back to cargo!

Look while you were wholly owned you had a really good deal with having DOH for non rev. When I non rev on CHQ or Skywest I'm S3C even though it's our code it's their airplanes. We all deal with it. Now the real question is what pass privledges do you you have on Skywest? Do you have DOH? Another question is have you petitioned to have your seniority lists integrated and if not why not?

DAL737FO said:
Look while you were wholly owned you had a really good deal with having DOH for non rev. When I non rev on CHQ or Skywest I'm S3C even though it's our code it's their airplanes. We all deal with it. Now the real question is what pass privledges do you you have on Skywest? Do you have DOH? Another question is have you petitioned to have your seniority lists integrated and if not why not?

I think it's going to hurt mainline more than it hurts DCI. Delta is transferring more and more domestic to DCI. How are mainline guys gonna get to work when the newest pleeb at Skywest will have more seat seniority? DOH isn't going to mean squat.

Active Delta, ASA and other connection pilots in DAL service should get priority - after all, the retired guy has got no place to be in any great hurry.

A pilot trying to get to work, or home, should take priority over folks who are not on a schedule.

Just my humble opinion & I don't even commute.

Latest resources

Back