• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA non-rev on Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NRSA is a travel tool. The jumpseat is a commuting tool. You can bet your last dollar that if I'm headed on vacation or pleasure travel in the back and some other joe is trying to get to work, he'd better hope he was hired before I was, or have an S-1, or that I'm in a dandy mood.

However, if it's the jumpseat that's in question, I'd surrender it to the pilot going to work, and have done so many a time.

Last edited:
Smacktard said:
I think it's going to hurt mainline more than it hurts DCI. Delta is transferring more and more domestic to DCI. How are mainline guys gonna get to work when the newest pleeb at Skywest will have more seat seniority? DOH isn't going to mean squat.

Commuting sucks, and if it sucks too much, then move to your domicile like most of the working stiffs in America. Delta sold off ASA so why should the mainliners expect a free ride to work? Welcome to the new world order in the transportation industry.

I know alot of FAs at ASA that work there only for the travel benefits. If their priority changes I bet there will be a mass exodus of FAs. Thoughts?

~~~^~~~ said:
Active Delta, ASA and other connection pilots in DAL service should get priority - after all, the retired guy has got no place to be in any great hurry.

A pilot trying to get to work, or home, should take priority over folks who are not on a schedule.

Just my humble opinion & I don't even commute.

I believe active Delta personnel do get priority. As for me not having any place to go in a hurry, well that's simply not the case. BTW I have given my seat to commuting pilots, and armed forces personnel on serveral occasions when there was no hurry, so it is not as if I don't care, but I would prefer it be my choice. Don't worry though,YOU will always be in line ahead of me and I thinks that is what counts.

However, if it's the jumpseat that's in question, I'd surrender it to the pilot going to work, and have done so many a time. - FL000

I don't commute...but there have been a few times that I have found myself in other cities and trying to get to work. Twice there have been conflicts with the jumpseat (either retired or pleasure travel) and both times the delta guy let me have the seat. I thought it was very gracious and I would do the same if ever in the same situation.

Like someone else said...J/S and Non-Rev are just extra perks. Appreciate what you have, make the best of it, and be nice to folks...and everything will be okay.

180ToTheMarker said:
I know alot of FAs at ASA that work there only for the travel benefits. If their priority changes I bet there will be a mass exodus of FAs. Thoughts?

I would bet that if we go back to s3c with no parents and buddy passes that we will lose between 50 and 75% of our F/A's. The majority of them put up with the low pay and constant cr@p just to be able to travel.

atrdriver said:
I would bet that if we go back to s3c with no parents and buddy passes that we will lose between 50 and 75% of our F/A's. The majority of them put up with the low pay and constant cr@p just to be able to travel.

Pilots, too.

You think the money alone keeps the bunch of us putting up with constant bullschit?

Some tools are still convinced that it's a fair wage, and they're flying a jet, so they'd do it for free.

But a significant amount are going to leave if the bennies get cut.

Maybe that's the INTENT of Skywest? (!)

I will DEFINITELY go back to my former career if things don't IMPROVE, and I'm sure it's a matter of time before attrition kicks in for the regionals, and labor becomes short supply, even in the cockpit.

180ToTheMarker said:

Cool. Maybe we can replace them with some that aren't quite so fat and ugly.

Ganja60Heavy said:
Pilots, too.

You think the money alone keeps the bunch of us putting up with constant bullschit?

Some tools are still convinced that it's a fair wage, and they're flying a jet, so they'd do it for free.

But a significant amount are going to leave if the bennies get cut.

Maybe that's the INTENT of Skywest? (!)

I will DEFINITELY go back to my former career if things don't IMPROVE, and I'm sure it's a matter of time before attrition kicks in for the regionals, and labor becomes short supply, even in the cockpit.

I don't know how many pilots would leave aviation, but I know that many that have not applied to AT and JB because of the travel benefits will not hesitate to apply if they are cut, me included.

Latest resources

Back