• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA non-rev on Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok children, lets take a chill pill and wait for it to be posted on MYASA before we start B!tching

Ace757 said:
Ok children, lets take a chill pill and wait for it to be posted on MYASA before we start B!tching

Until then let's take a positive spin on this. We will kind of be the most senior "Buddy Pass" rider on the list if we are S3C.

What???

atrdriver said:
I don't know how many pilots would leave aviation, but I know that many that have not applied to AT and JB because of the travel benefits will not hesitate to apply if they are cut, me included.

What?? The non-rev travel is what kept you as ASA over a major for this long??? Maybe the companies should cut the pay 30% and just throw in a few more buddy passes? I don't know for sure, but if you had a job at a major, you could buy an ID90 on delta, and lastly you could buy a ticket as you could afford it!

I hope they don't screw you ASA guys too bad on pass travel. I work for Delta and fly ASA home all the time. Other than that disaster of a ground operation in ATL I've always been impressed with ASA and though it was probably nessesary I was sorry to see you guys sold off. Skywest seems like another top shelf operation and I hope it works well for you guys and that some more growth units (E170's maybe?) come your way soon with DL paint on them.

Anyways, enough butt kissing, the Thrashers game is back on.

DAL737FO said:
Look while you were wholly owned you had a really good deal with having DOH for non rev. When I non rev on CHQ or Skywest I'm S3C even though it's our code it's their airplanes. We all deal with it. Now the real question is what pass privledges do you you have on Skywest? Do you have DOH? Another question is have you petitioned to have your seniority lists integrated and if not why not?

Are you talking in terms of travel or operationaly? Two seperate operations,
why would they need to merge seniority lists?

I ask about the seniority lists because they sure wanted to be merged into the Delta seniority list. It doesn't look like anyone is jumping up and down to be merged into the Skywest seniority list. Why the double standard?

List merger and passes issue

Don't worry that will be coming soon. I'm quite sure that one large pilot group verses two small ones will be a stronger labor force to whipsaw. Also wasn't it an ALPA bylaw to merge list when one ALPA carrier bought another?

As for passes? I'd love them to remain the same, but I doubt it. The F/A's might leave for that reason, but no pilot is going to leave because of passes. It will be money and the opportunity to fly BIGGER equipment.

Ahh!! What most of your forget is a day not so long ago Jumpseat travel on DL was not allowed. It is up to the indivisdual if they prefer to commute, but for me I live in this simmering pot of hell call ATL so I DON'T have to worry about commuting......I wanna go home I buy a ticket, sure as hell not getting on even using a S-2. Pass travel the last I checked is listed under BENEFITS! Not as your right as an airline employee.....Not to mention an S3C is better than most airlines pass benefits these days.....Find me anohter carrier that will fly you for FREE (no pass charges) and also put you in first if available for no additional cost? AA....Noop UA....Noop US....Noop CO....Noop NW....Noop SW/JB.....Free/No F/C AT.....HMMM next best after DL!

DAL737FO said:
I ask about the seniority lists because they sure wanted to be merged into the Delta seniority list. It doesn't look like anyone is jumping up and down to be merged into the Skywest seniority list. Why the double standard?

When was the last time you collected food stamps and worked at the same time? Never!

Who the he11 wants to accept a lateral move or a step backwards? Most of us regional guys barely make enough to rub 2 nickles togethewr....So why would we not like to have the opportunity to be with a major....after all isn't that why most of us are here at a regional?

Military guys will never understand.....I say that from many years of experience training you guys......I am not saying anything bad about you but until you work your way through the system as a civi you really don't understand the sacrifice of a civi guy...just like we don't know your sacrifice as a military guy other than protecting us from the world full of a$$holes looking to kill us americans because we live free!

guys...are we forgetting something?

Last I checked...there is currently a cleaning of that dark grey building called ASA G/O. With Chucky gone, and more to come...I would gladly put up with S3C for better work rules than the crap we put up with. I realize we got lucky under the Delta umbrella when it came to the beanies...but think about this, a Skywest pilot makes more than any of us...why? LOOK AT THEIR WORK RULES...they are not even union and they have duty and trip rigs???? I am here at ASA...and will be here until I can leave to something better (if it ever happens). In the meantime...better work rules makes up for those S2s any day...and I am a commuter. Guys...we don't even have a commuter clause and this is after they shut down DFW...a company that gives a crap about its people would have implemented one out of good faith knowing 1500 crew members (including FAs) were being relocated to ATL and SLC. The only thing we got was the former VP of Human Resources telling us pilots we were lucky to have a job, and we choose were we live so live with it...We were spoiled with our travel benefits...I enjoyed and used them and I think the reason we worry about it right now is because that was the BEST thing about working here. Loose the benefits but change the company culture and make this place a little more pleasant???? I welcome it with open arms. For those that disagree...bid relief or reserve for a month and see how you like it. Let Crew Screw have their way with you for a month and you will appreciate a change sooner rather than later. I will miss my S2s and S3s...but it makes up for it if I can go home when I am supposed to instead of when they let me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back