• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEVER Mention sequestration in PA?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should read the non-partisan "the millionaire next door". The stats on who the wealthy really are in this country will surprise you. It will also encourage rather than provoke jealousy.

I'm not jealous. Primarily because I married well, my wife and I are in the highest tax bracket, but yet we feel that we actually don't pay enough in taxes.

Besides, I'm mainly talking about the richest 1%, which is those earning over 1.1 million per year. Most of the charts describe that as the start if the "wealth" line. That's not a millionaire next door....

Last edited:
I'm not jealous. Primarily because I married well, my wife and I are in the highest tax bracket, but yet we feel that we actually don't pay enough in taxes.

Feel free to write the IRS a larger check. They'll gladly take it. I'd rather send my money where it will be used wisely.

Last edited:

Besides, I'm mainly talking about the richest 1%, which is those earning over 1.1 million per year. Most of the charts describe that as the start if the "wealth" line. That's not a millionaire next door....

Actually in the book, the millionaires surveyed were worth 1-5m.

2/3s earned less than six figures,were in their fifties, self-employed or some kind of professional, 1st generation millionaires, lived in middle class areas, in the area they grew up.

It was surprising to me, anyway.

Pet peeve: calling a high income earner wealthy.

Wealth is the accumulation of savings not how much you earn in a year. A person could earn $500,00 and spend $495,000 and would not be wealthy. In contrast a person could earn $50,00 for their whole career, save, and retire wealthy.

Not that the left wouldn't love the chance to tax ones wealth/savings. Oh wait we do have a estate tax.

Pet peeve: calling a high income earner wealthy.

Wealth is the accumulation of savings not how much you earn in a year. A person could earn $500,00 and spend $495,000 and would not be wealthy. In contrast a person could earn $50,00 for their whole career, save, and retire wealthy.

Not that the left wouldn't love the chance to tax ones wealth/savings. Oh wait we do have a estate tax.

Noted, and understood.

There is an estate tax. One that has been largely gutted and reduced. For the average person, that's a good thing. They would lose their parent's farm, etc., but that's not what I'm talking about.

Noted, and understood.

There is an estate tax. One that has been largely gutted and reduced. For the average person, that's a good thing. They would lose their parent's farm, etc., but that's not what I'm talking about.

I wasn't intending to single anyone out, it mostly the talking heads and politicians that like to throw around the "wealthy" word.

ASA Aviator...I wish you would go start your own business. Then get back to me. You have no idea of the taxes, fees etc it cost small business which the Gov't considers "wealthy" owners to continue operating. You have your head so far up your arse it's absolutely pathetic. Go start/run your OWN business then get back to me about paying higher taxes. Honestly, you make me sick to my stomach. Seriously, if you have excess money...go start a business. Let us know...mmmmmmmmk?

ASA Aviator...I wish you would go start your own business. Then get back to me. You have no idea of the taxes, fees etc it cost small business which the Gov't considers "wealthy" owners to continue operating. You have your head so far up your arse it's absolutely pathetic. Go start/run your OWN business then get back to me about paying higher taxes. Honestly, you make me sick to my stomach. Seriously, if you have excess money...go start a business. Let us know...mmmmmmmmk?

No thanks. I'm happy with how things are. If you're sick to your stomach, you should take some pepto or something.

What's to explain? "ladies and gentlemen, we are delayed due air traffic control limitations in XYZ"

Intelligent people can put two and two together.

The idiots will NEVER understand, no matter how much you explain - they'll just continue blaming the Republicans.

For those of you that think FAA, military, SS are the ONLY things that can be cut, and that this is NOT EXACTLY like third world tyrants forcing there will onto the people, while trying to disarm them, you need to lay off the koolaid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back