Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's not "my man Obama"...

...He's our President.

Actually, she did say it and was then questioned about it and firmly stood by the quote and even expounded upon it.

Here are two links I came up with in about 3 seconds.

Enjoy...

Next time do more than three seconds of research and actually watch the videos you are linking. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life listening for her to say "I can see Russia from my house". Not once did she say it. She said you can see Russian from land in Alaska, which is true. Whether you agree or disagree with her opinion on Alaska's proximity to Russia as being relevant, you were unable to prove to me that Palin (not Tina Fey) said "I can see Russia from my house". Nice try but you failed.

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize the "house" was the important part of the quote. In that case I agree, Tina Fey said it. My bad. I guess Palin would have made a great President after all.

Of course the "House" part is the important part. I am not disputing that she said you can see Russia from land in Alaska, as you could see in my first post on the subject.

How come I don't hear your Cessna out flying when it's CAT3? Is that something the airplane can't do or something they don't think you're capable of?

Flopgut,

Please explain how a management decision based mostly on economics has any relevance to pilot capabilities?

Do the pilots that fly the Dash 8 at Horizon have superior capabilities to NW's DC9 pilots? Horizon operates its Dash 8's to either Cat II or Cat IIIa.

Do the pilots that fly the CRJ at Austrian Arrows have superior capabilities to any US based CRJ pilots? Austrian Arrows operates its CRJ's to Cat IIIa.

Did the pilots that flew the MD-80 at Swissair have superior capabilities to DL's current MD-80 pilots? Swissair operated its MD-80's to Cat IIIa.

Fact is that maintaining Cat II, or, IIIa-IIIc capabilities is a decision made primarily based on economics and nothing else!

IDEtoNJA

Next time do more than three seconds of research and actually watch the videos you are linking. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life listening for her to say "I can see Russia from my house". Not once did she say it. She said you can see Russian from land in Alaska, which is true. Whether you agree or disagree with her opinion on Alaska's proximity to Russia as being relevant, you were unable to prove to me that Palin (not Tina Fey) said "I can see Russia from my house". Nice try but you failed.

It is true, I have been there and you can see Russia. It's waaaay out there in the North Pacific at the end of the Aleutian Islands.

Flopgut,

Please explain how a management decision based mostly on economics has any relevance to pilot capabilities?

Do the pilots that fly the Dash 8 at Horizon have superior capabilities to NW's DC9 pilots? Horizon operates its Dash 8's to either Cat II or Cat IIIa.

Do the pilots that fly the CRJ at Austrian Arrows have superior capabilities to any US based CRJ pilots? Austrian Arrows operates its CRJ's to Cat IIIa.

Did the pilots that flew the MD-80 at Swissair have superior capabilities to DL's current MD-80 pilots? Swissair operated its MD-80's to Cat IIIa.

Fact is that maintaining Cat II, or, IIIa-IIIc capabilities is a decision made primarily based on economics and nothing else!

IDEtoNJA

FYI - No such thing as CAT III A, B, or C anymore. As a matter of fact there hasn't been CAT III A, B or C for many years.

And yes, you are right about the expense, but that holds true for any operation.

You ask to explain how a management decision based mostly on economics has any relevance to pilot capabilities?

There is a lot to consider and it's very relevent to pilot capabilities vs the equipment on the property and the market(s) the aircraft is operated in.

If all training was equal across the boards you would be correct, but it's not. Neither is the mission various carriers have. You mention Horizon and Northwest. The Northwest DC-9 pilots have a different configuation in virtually every airplane they get into and Horizon operates in miserable weather all the time. The cost decisions work alongside the hiring profile and cross section of pilots hired along with the pool of applicants. But that's just the beginning. Choices of approaches to be trained to and which are included in the training program, will it be Part 61 or AQP? Is the air carrier able to take advantage of AQP or is the turnover rage so fast that it becomes ineffective? For small air carriers that have pilots with less hours and are learning the business more training is needed than a hiring pool with more experienced pilots.

Cost is always a factor, and pilot cabilities are always part of the equation.

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize the "house" was the important part of the quote. In that case I agree, Tina Fey said it. My bad. I guess Palin would have made a great President after all.
Best choice of the 4 candidates.

The only one who has an absolute sense of right and wrong. Therefore the only one who can consistently make correct decisions.

Now if we could only have elected Ron Paul....

Latest resources

Back