• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't understand pal. Your boy said I get to plan all my flights 30 days in advance. I explained that wasn't true and spoke directly to an actual trip I had just done where I had to push in 3 hours. I don't give a flip what you do with the plane you fly and invite you to STHU as well. Feel free not to care about where I go. K?

Caring doesn't clean the plane.
And boy did the crews today on my two airline segments NOT care.
Tray table was gross. Window gross. Floor gross. Seat pocket gross.
Who's J O B is it to see that the planes are somewhat clean. I am not asking for Corporate jet clean. Just not disgusting!
A bottle of 409, a rag, and a vac once a day could go a long way. Or is that not their job as they are there primarily for my safety? :rolleyes:

Flop..

Just go away.

I really don't understand pal. Your boy said I get to plan all my flights 30 days in advance. I explained that wasn't true and spoke directly to an actual trip I had just done where I had to push in 3 hours. I don't give a flip what you do with the plane you fly and invite you to STHU as well. Feel free not to care about where I go. K?

Good to see B19 is out of his box

I really don't understand what you writing about since it doesn't directly apply to my quote. I've always wondered if you have ever been a pilot in the 121 world? Not being hostile to ya, just wondering. If you have then with whom and how long? Have you even wiggled the stick in the corporate world and with who if you did? The same question regarding the 91K world?
B19, you provide a lot of interesting comments, but I really wonder what your piloting background holds.

I personally bring to my current job (91K) a background from military flying, 121 check airman and corporate. I bring the knowledge of being lead (while in the military), and as a leader while working all three areas and my current position. I can say that I was taught a long time ago that you need to get out and lead by example.

Anyway, my point is that a pilot not only operate the stick in the pointy end, but must contribute to the overall team effort to complete the mission. That's how I feel, I operate and I have a negative view on a person that won't go the extra mile. I view that type of person as a slug and lazy.

Part 121 doesn't bite the hands that feeds them, but the volume and types of clientele are a little bit different than what you deal with. You're right, they don't bite the hand they just consume the whole body and mind now days. We all know the level of service has decreased over the years. This has happened from the ticket agent all the way to the crews. When I travel the service I personally receive is very nice 7 out of 10 times. That's only a 70% pass rate. In my son's high school a 70% passrate is a 'D' grade. I will tell you I am proud to see how the airlines take care of a service member in uniform. A 100% great job by the airlines and I thank you!!!! Twenty years of military service makes me bias towards military members.
The airlines simply will tell a pax if they don't like it (the lack of service) then go fly on another airline. It's sad what the industry has become.

90-120 minute turns with 300 passengers and an aircraft usage that sometimes runs well in excess of 12 hours a day of aircraft flight time is a little different than a 10 passenger domestic corporate jet. So what about a 120 minute turn with a 50 seater or a 166? We all know that some of them are not turning in 90-120 minutes, but sitting longer. You're comparing apples and oranges when you compare size and turn times between the two. Regardless, I still stay that a person can take pride in their work, be a team player, not a slug and contribute. It's really a very small percentage that I've seen over the years who don't helpout. But those type of people leave a lasting impression on their pax. The pax are trapped by choices. They can not travel, travel with a different airline which may lead to the same result or take a form of ground travel.

I find taxi's to not be quite the same cleanliness standard as limos. Of course, limos tend to cost a bit more per seat per mile. B19 are you comparing a taxi to an airline and a limo to a fractional? That's how I read your statement and I hope you were joking when you wrote that line. Remember, a person gets what they pay for and the people that can afford a limo pay for it. I've been in some very clean cabs within some major cities. I've also in some very clean airliners. In fact, I really have not been in very many "dirty" planes when boarding. Now, deplaning is a different story. I am amazed at how some pax can be slobs (a$$holes) and not toss their trash. Lazy slugs and I feel for the crews that must clean it up.
I was not ever talking about the condition of the planes, but I am talking about the lack service the crews now provide or the thought process of flopgut and PCL_128. Would you want the type of those two working within your ranks based on their statements? Be honest B19.

If you don't like riding on scheduled carriers, why don't you negotiate a couple of spare aircraft in your inventory with your next CBA to cart you around. If that a little too pricey, then I'd just suck it up and ride like a normal passenger that has paid his ticket. I don't mind riding with the airlines at all. That's all that it is, a ride. It's part of my job and I roll with what comes along. Travel with a good book and an iPod to pass the time. I am one of those who'll actually talk to the other pax too. Again, twenty years of a certain type of living conditions does cause one not to complain and just deal with it. I just laugh if I see a slug (a slacker of a pilot) in uniform not helping out. Just wondering, how often do you travel during the year within the airlines? What do you see out there happening or not happening?

Until then, understand that 121 aircraft have a few more cycles on them with a bit more usage with a clientele that just doesn't keep it quite as clean as yours do. It doesn't mean the flight crew or air carrier cares any less. Remember, I have no issue with the plane and there conditions. Rarely do I find a POS one. It's the lack of pride some employees have regarding their airline and job. No pride whatsoever from these people. I've personally have seen it happen and not what I've heard. It's not hard to help out another member of the team. To say, write or display the "it's not my job" reeks of poor attitude (read slug). Again, would you want that type of person(s) within your ranks and representing your company? I sure hope not. You want a person that will step up and be a team player without being asked or directed.
I still say we have the best way to earn a living and I enjoy heading to work. There are still a great deal of wonderful people thoughout the aviation industry that make it a fun place.
B19, thanks for you thoughts. Cheers!!

Clinton had less experience than Palin.

This is the same lady who qualified her foreign affairs experience on the fact that she could see Russia from her house?

Got news for you - just because I can see the moon, doesn't make me an astronaut :)

This is the same lady who qualified her foreign affairs experience on the fact that she could see Russia from her house?

Got news for you - just because I can see the moon, doesn't make me an astronaut :)

Quick trivia fact: Palin did not say that, Tina Fey did as Palin on SNL. Palin said that you can see Russia from some island in Alaska, which is true. This is what happens when you get your news from the Daily Show.

A quick question more directly relating to the original thread topic (some 25 pages ago):
-Does anyone remember a news report many months back about the TSA implementing some new scanning equipment that can scan for explosive gels/liquids?? (thus ceasing our requirement to segregate gels/liquids and the limit on the amount we can carry)...

Thought that was supposed to be deployed around early '09.

60 minutes had a great point.

They freak out and take liquids out of everyone's bags.

Yet where do they put the liquids. They throw it in a trashbin right behind them.

So which is it.. Explosive or not?

Quick trivia fact: Palin did not say that, Tina Fey did as Palin on SNL. Palin said that you can see Russia from some island in Alaska, which is true. This is what happens when you get your news from the Daily Show.

Actually, she did say it and was then questioned about it and firmly stood by the quote and even expounded upon it.

Here are two links I came up with in about 3 seconds.

Palin

Palin

Enjoy...

Latest resources

Back