• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone should stop trying to stop benifits that don't affect them. I don't begrudge anyone getting a benifit.

If airline guys airline pays for parking then how's that affect me? It doesn't. Let 'em have it.

If I go through the crew lane then how that affect airline guys? It doesn't. Let us have it.

Jumpseat, in a perfect world, would work with the fractionals. There would be a master website or 800 number that guys could call and see what's open. A dead leg would be open and any fractional / airline guy could sign up on a first come first serve basis. It's not that hard.

Ya'll need to stop shooting fod across the barriers and start embracing your brothers. We do occupy the same airspace.

If anyone of you saw a plane in flames at the end of a runway would you think, "ahh..it's just one of those guys..." or would you think, "God, I hope that pilot and his passengers got out okay.."

Get it? We do the same job really...

This is not about we are not the same type of pilot nor should it be, this is about reciprocity plain and simple. ... I'm sorry to bring this to your attention but when you and I commute as passengers our status is that of a passenger.

I don't see that TSA has anything to do with reciprocity. It has to do with Security. It is a waste of time and here is why.

Its not that we go through the pax line. Its that we go through the selectee line. TSA is wasting their time strip searching pilots for too big a shampoo bottle that they could be devoting to people who do not have the 10 yr background checks etc..

After all the selectee searching ... I commute to a place where a jet is waiting for me to fly. What did they accomplish?

I don't care either way ... but right now every time I walk through the pax line ... TSA sends me to the crew line anyway. This will make it a lot easier for them (TSA) ... easier for everyone... since we have the same background checks and employment requirements as everyone else. It would be the smart thing to do.

Look Diesel, I'm not rooting against you. But to say things will never change is a stretch. Never is a long time. You guys gripe and bawl about your seats all the time. Here's an idea: Buy a first class seat!! We do offer a higher level of service. We just want you to pay for it, OK? I'm sure you've had a entry level customer want a GIV experience at a CE-500 price, right? Well, that's getting to be what we're seeing out of you. Airlines have taken enough capacity out of the market and the seats are selling. If it ain't you guys at full fare y class it'll be somebody else. I haven't noticed too many upgrade only types filling up FC either, so somebody is buying the seats. You want more service? Cough up more money. I think we could both agree, there's nothing worse than a fussy customer who wants more service than they pay for?
Ummm lets see I'm elite with about every hotel and airline there is out there. So yes I fly first class most the time because of upgrades but I also fly first international because thats what I mostly do. Your higher level of service sucks. It never will compare to Virgin, BA, AF, or Singapore to name a few.

This has to do with security not airlines jump seat.... speaking of which why would we want to use it when I've got more damn airline miles than I know what to do with.

VOR is trying to start a fight with the fractional and airline guys. His thread title sucks and some NJ pilot must have pissed in his cereal.

Nothing to see here. I get paid either way to stand in line or not I could care less.

VOR ... was an anti-union, Kenn's Kool-Aide drinker who believed that "You guys don't need a union ... whatever NJ union gets in their next CBA ... i'll give you NJ + 10% I am the best MEC you guys could ever want." Yes he believed it.

Well when the 2005 NJA CBA came out ... VOR's management renegged on its promises. NO RAISES! He switched over to the Union supporter's side. We helped him get his pilot group unionized ... but I guess he thought WE would negotiate the contract for him too.

And thats VOR in a nutshell.

Hey VOR...

Get upstairs and do your homework. Only then will be allowed to play Dungeons and Dragons.

Leave the pilots alone.

Last edited:
Its not that we go through the pax line. Its that we go through the selectee line. TSA is wasting their time strip searching pilots for too big a shampoo bottle that they could be devoting to people who do not have the 10 yr background checks etc

You can argue that you deserve special treatment all you want but at the end of the day you are a passenger on a flight, what you do for a living is irrelevant even if it happens to be flying

I hate to wade into such an uncivilized thread...

However it seems the NetJets guys are saying "we don't want to jumpseat, we just want in on Crewpass when it comes out so we can breeze through security. Why would 121 pilots care?"

Well, I'm pretty sure Crewpass is intended for *working crewmembers.* If everybody and there uncle is in Crewpass then it makes for a line at the Crewpass door, defeating the purpose.

It's academic though because I highly doubt even 121 pilots will ever be able to bypass security when they are off duty. I'm in CASS right now but if I bought an actual ticket with cash at the last minute I'd still be a selectee, CASS wouldn't help one bit and I doubt CrewPass would either. If you want to breeze through security and not be selectee's, you should be working on the Registered Traveller program.

You can argue that you deserve special treatment all you want but at the end of the day you are a passenger on a flight, what you do for a living is irrelevant even if it happens to be flying
I don't want any special treatment "on the flight".

I want access to the airport. An issue between us and TSA. Not between us and any airlines. So that WE can better conduct our business... which is at every airport in the country.

If you look at the list of CASS members you see non-scheduled freight companies like for example Murray Air. They have as much business in the Airline terminal portion of the airport as we do.

I just want the same access to the airport the Murrays, Airnet, and USA JET have. They are not the only ones.

Last edited:
Ummm lets see I'm elite with about every hotel and airline there is out there. So yes I fly first class most the time because of upgrades but I also fly first international because thats what I mostly do. Your higher level of service sucks. It never will compare to Virgin, BA, AF, or Singapore to name a few.

This has to do with security not airlines jump seat.... speaking of which why would we want to use it when I've got more damn airline miles than I know what to do with.

VOR is trying to start a fight with the fractional and airline guys. His thread title sucks and some NJ pilot must have pissed in his cereal.

Nothing to see here. I get paid either way to stand in line or not I could care less.

Then you should feel more than welcome to stay the ******************** off my airline.

If anyone of you saw a plane in flames at the end of a runway would you think, "ahh..it's just one of those guys..." or would you think, "God, I hope that pilot and his passengers got out okay.."

If it was Voice of Reason B19 or Instructordude I think I'd be playing U2 "It's a Beautiful Day" and Buying a few rounds of these at the Hotel Bar for every Flight crew:beer:

For the record I dont think Frac crew's should use the Crew lines. When I airline to or from work in Uniform I nicely refuse the crew line when TSA waves me over. It's not in my best interest if I miss my flight on Day 7 home I am nicely compansated by the Company.

Latest resources

Back