• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is another prime example of the success of class warfare. It used to be the American dream to achieve success. Now anyone who does is evil, and needs their success redistributed.
It's what got Obama elected...Hey, that guy is rich, why can't I be rich too?!!!
Kind of takes away the motivation to work if 1) your successes will be taken away and 2) if you don't want to work, don't worry...someone else will!

As a guy from ACA myself I try to cut you slack...

But come on! That gimmie attitude may exist in
America but in no greater numbers than the screw you attitude. It's not "what got Obama" elected.

Obama got elected because people are fed up with Bush. It was the classic "throw the bums out" mentality. Plus the Republicans did themselves no favors by putting a dim geezer with his hotty on the ticket to oppose him. Even if I didn't want to vote for Obama I HAD to to keep Palin out of the big seat.

As a guy from ACA myself I try to cut you slack...

But come on! That gimmie attitude may exist in
America but in no greater numbers than the screw you attitude. It's not "what got Obama" elected.

Obama got elected because people are fed up with Bush. It was the classic "throw the bums out" mentality. Plus the Republicans did themselves no favors by putting a dim geezer with his hotty on the ticket to oppose him. Even if I didn't want to vote for Obama I HAD to to keep Palin out of the big seat.
Clinton had less experience than Palin. And Bush couldn't do anything these past few years without the help of the democrat controlled congress, so stop it. Besides, we are still the most obese country in the civilized world so things must not be THAT bad.

Fine, Palin would have made a great President. Got me. Heck, from Washington she could see all of Europe so think of all that experience! We'd be SET!!!!

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I will tell you to reread my prior postings. I have done the 121 thing and now 91K. Have you done both? If yes, then with which 91K did you fly with?
There is a higher standard to the pax in the back in 91K. It doesn't matter if it was prior to the 2005 contract or the CBA of 2007; we the group provided the level of service the owner deserved. There was never any beef with the owner. Unlike the airline industry; we don't bite the hand that feeds us.

Part 121 doesn't bite the hands that feeds them, but the volume and types of clientele are a little bit different than what you deal with.

90-120 minute turns with 300 passengers and an aircraft usage that sometimes runs well in excess of 12 hours a day of aircraft flight time is a little different than a 10 passenger domestic corporate jet.

I find taxi's to not be quite the same cleanliness standard as limos. Of course, limos tend to cost a bit more per seat per mile.

If you don't like riding on scheduled carriers, why don't you negotiate a couple of spare aircraft in your inventory with your next CBA to cart you around. If that a little too pricey, then I'd just suck it up and ride like a normal passenger that has paid his ticket.

Until then, understand that 121 aircraft have a few more cycles on them with a bit more usage with a clientele that just doesn't keep it quite as clean as yours do. It doesn't mean the flight crew or air carrier cares any less.

Caring doesn't clean the plane.

Allright Diesel, make you and your friends a deal: I'll deliver a significantly cleaner airplane to you. You deliver my airline significantly more NJA pilot customers.

My airline [CAL] IS interested in improving the product. I know PCL's is to, as well as a few others. But you need to follow through as a customer. If you get on a plane that is not clean enough you need to inform the crew. If they don't correct it you need to stop riding on them. Tell your company that you refuse to go to work on that airline.

My airline uses cleaning crews and they are pretty good. (some don't) Our pillows and blankets are as fresh as yours. We recently renewed efforts to make sure seatbelts are cleaner and even though it takes a mechanic to correct it, we replace them. So, you want the seatpockets cleaner and the windows clearer, right? Traytables? We'll get on it. I want to see more tickets out of you. There ain't enough to go around at my airline right now so we'll go after the business. My aircraft are quite clean and are about as new as yours are. I'm going to start watching this stuff you're talking about and try to improve. (Regardless of whether or not your onboard.)

Now, if you are some kind of activist customer with an agenda that no one can meet? Or you're just going to ride on anybody so you can complain more? Then I don't know why we should make a special effort just for you? I know that when your company gets a customer like that they get their their money back and are told to get lost. Gordon Bethune once did the same thing.

I fly 6 different 737s and with as little two hours notice I've been sent to Quito, Ecuador during a volcanic eruption. Half your guys would pi$$ their pants. Did the engines receive the required inspection due to flying during a volcanic eruption? Does this make you a better pilot? If it does then you would've never launched in the stuff I've flown in. Try being shot at during day light, low level, with a broken 20mm gun and staying on-station until ALL American lives were in safe locations. Only one of a long list of things that would've had you sh&% your pants. Sit down and STFU!!!

I have not encoutered ash. We don't enter it delibrately. If there is ANY doubt the engines are examined per the book. What is your point? One major airline stopped doing engine mx ENTIRELY on thier narrowbody fleet. You haven't stopped riding on them.

I only spoke of this type flying because one of you said I have 30 days to plan all my flights. Not true.

I wish we had a choice of what airline we could use to get to the jet. Airline travel in the U.S. has become a commodity and price is king, especially when you have to move nearly 4000 pilots and flight attendants around the globe.

I don't know if it's because I've just been lucky or because I can appreciate how the other half lives because I'm married to an airline pilot but I haven't experienced the horror stories that some have shared here. Many crews have extended professional courtesy to me (pre-boarding, stowing the roll-aboard in the coat closet, a large bottle of water, etc.) and I ALWAYS make it a point to treat them with respect and courtesy.

That said, Flopgut: Until you fly a nine hour Atlantic crossing ending with a 4.6 degree ILS into Chambery, France in rain, low ceilings, poor visibility and 40 knot winds or fly over the machine gun nests at the ends of the runway in Mogadishu, Somalia, STHU about how tough the flying is at CAL. By the nature of the operation, fractional and corporate pilots will go to more airports in a year than you will in a career. It ain't rocket science but we go everywhere you go and about 5000 airports more.

Latest resources

Back