NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it’s worth…

Our union policy is that if you are a 135/121 pilot then…Welcome aboard! (Flight deck access is based on CASS of course)

Just remember…the secret password is to blurt out MESA SUCKS!! As you introduce yourself to the captain. (Just Kidding)

umm.. i've never been on the frac board. so it's funny how you're all heated up by this. What are you doing on their board anyway?
i'm reading your posts- and for whatever reason- you have a bone to pick.
I don't. I'd love to have them participate in CASS- we offer jump agreements with helo tour guides in hawaii- how often have i used that one.The only time i've tried - the helo filled up last minute each time and i couldn't use the benefit- no big deal-
But as one of the few pilot groups who have made gains since 9/11 i'm proud of the nja guys- from what i hear- their union is good and strong- and most guys like it there. It's not for me- but i like the fact that the fracs have become a better place to work- largely b/c of the work nja pilots have done. It's good for all of us that it has become such a good job.

So ease up VOR- you're not sounding reasonable at all. And you don't speak for all major airline pilots when you say you don't want NJA in cass.

I stand by the fact that CASS isn't available at security checkpoints. ALPA has argued that it should be (to bypass) but they haven't gotten anywhere, since CASS isn't biometric, according to those who make decisions.

You're incorrect. CrewPass is currently being tested at three United States airports, and it uses CASS as the verifying method. ALPA would like to eliminate the need for using CASS by implementing a biometric system down the road, but that's a future goal. For now, ALPA has provided the TSA with the computers that are used at the security checkpoints for CrewPass. The initial test period was for six months, and it has been extended for at least another six months. With the new administration coming in, it will likely become permanent and expanded to all major airports.

Maybe they are working on CASS so they can be in the CrewPass program when or if it starts so they don't have to be hassled by TSA when they airline.
Bingo. We have a winner.

I don't see why ALPA would care one way or the other whether NJ pilots have to take their shoes off or bag up their cologne for the TSA. If they are in the CASS program, they have had the same passport, background, and security checks as ALPA pilots. As far as I know, security regulations are set by the airlines and the government, not ALPA.

As far as jumpseating, yes, there is an issue with reciprocation and I doubt if NJ would even ask as there's nothing in it for the company.

My question for Voice is...why do you care?

Last edited:
According to Outta here and Skiandsurf, NJA is the "dream job" and we have "crappy seats". OK. If NJA is that successful, why use the airline at all? Spare us all the discussion and stay off the airline. You have airplanes, use em!! Matter of fact, how about every 121 carrier stop selling you seats? How long is it going to stay a "dream job" then? I'll wager airlines will make more money in getting the NJA customers back than we'll lose in not selling seats to NJA pilots.

According to Outta here and Skiandsurf, NJA is the "dream job" and we have "crappy seats". OK. If NJA is that successful, why use the airline at all? Spare us all the discussion and stay off the airline. You have airplanes, use em!! Matter of fact, how about every 121 carrier stop selling you seats? How long is it going to stay a "dream job" then? I'll wager airlines will make more money in getting the NJA customers back than we'll lose in not selling seats to NJA pilots.

The big assumption with that is that our customers will go back to the airlines. Its simple they won't. They get hooked because they pull up, their bags are loaded and we are off to wherever they want to go and when they want to go.

Us and IBM are one of the biggest ticket and hotel reservation purchasers in the world. At hotels we pay mostly rack rate except for a few high demand areas like NY, LA, and PBI. Our tickets are bought last minute, Y class (so they can be canceled when our schedule changes) and we move some serious money and crews through the airlines, but they insist on get that extra 5 dollar fee to get the window. Nice customer service.

Look Diesel, I'm not rooting against you. But to say things will never change is a stretch. Never is a long time. You guys gripe and bawl about your seats all the time. Here's an idea: Buy a first class seat!! We do offer a higher level of service. We just want you to pay for it, OK? I'm sure you've had a entry level customer want a GIV experience at a CE-500 price, right? Well, that's getting to be what we're seeing out of you. Airlines have taken enough capacity out of the market and the seats are selling. If it ain't you guys at full fare y class it'll be somebody else. I haven't noticed too many upgrade only types filling up FC either, so somebody is buying the seats. You want more service? Cough up more money. I think we could both agree, there's nothing worse than a fussy customer who wants more service than they pay for?

You want more service? Cough up more money. I think we could both agree, there's nothing worse than a fussy customer who wants more service than they pay for?

How much does being courteous cost? I saw the slow degradation of service when I was with the airlines...and it had little to do with cost. It was mostly attitude....pretty close to this. And this is why most feel that flying on the airlines is a miserable experience.

There is no law against charging more for a ticket. If you feel your product is worth more, then charge more for it. If all the airlines did that, then folks really would still be left with the same choices...except for a few more bucks. If you fly for SWA, then you are part of low fare "problem" and all the airlines look at that when operating out of cities SWA operates out of. Personally, I like SWA and would consider them one of my favorite airlines. I think the service is beyond what you pay for and they are on time a greater percentage of the time. It seems the employees really like working for the airline and it shows. But their pricing structure certainly is not helping the others.

Regardless of what you are paid, you can, at a minimum, treat people well and with respect. Most airlines are NOT doing that anymore.

IMHO I think that my jumpseat is for 121 airline pilots. If the PRIVILEGE get extended to fractional, then why cant private pilots use the JS as well.

Just because they are pilots does not mean that they are given the same airline benni's.

X

Good point. Don't fractionals operate under part 91? If so, there is no difference between them and other GA pilots.

Jungle: I hear what you're saying. And I agree, but only in part and even then it's decreasing. The mandate the airlines have to operate under since deregulation is to operate in a psuedo free market, for profit/not for profit environment where air travel is cheaper than staying at home. That's why you're sitting among retards who sh!t their pants, claw at the seats, and scream at the FAs. I would much rather that not be the case. I wish we never left regulation so I could fly around on half empty airplanes with civil customers who have money to spend. That's not the case, and you better darn well be happy about it. Because there would be no NJA. I work for CAL and we have solid inflight customer service in both cabin classes. AND, let me say with emphasis in light of what happened in Denver, our FAs do one he!! of a job evacuating a cabin!! BTW as truely extraordinary as that was, it would have gone a lot better if were not for a$$hole passengers who were trying to get their carry on luggage. You know the type, right? The kind of customer who wants their a$$ kissed instead of their a$$ saved. You were saying what about the courtesy?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back