NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't believe I am wading into this. VOR, you are a fool.:angryfire

The CASS thing has nothing to do with jumpseat. It will not happen. Sorry, I would love to give rides to the 121 folks, but I can never see the man signing off on it. Can you see the jumpseaters face on the first enroute change of destination!?!:eek: And the fact that we will never reciprocate, well that kills the deal. So let that rumor die.

I am just guessing, but that vast majority of NJA folks have NO interest in jumpseating.

So why the CASS rumor. Well it was mentioned above. Crew Pass (coming to a airport near you) and maybe DCA. But that is just a guess.:0
As far as background checks and certificates go, I don't think that will be a problem.
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JUMPSEAT.
VOR, who pissed pissed in your Wheaties? Seriously, you are off your meds.

The CASS thing has nothing to do with jumpseat. It will not happen. Sorry, I would love to give rides to the 121 folks, but I can never see the man signing off on it. Can you see the jumpseaters face on the first enroute change of destination!?!:eek: And the fact that we will never reciprocate, well that kills the deal. So let that rumor die.

I am just guessing, but that vast majority of NJA folks have NO interest in jumpseating.

So why the CASS rumor. Well it was mentioned above. Crew Pass (coming to a airport near you) and maybe DCA. But that is just a guess.:0

Okay...then WHY the secrecy and all the "can't say" posts? Doesn't seem like a big deal if that was it it was about. YOUR guys were making it into a big confidential venture...but then you just posted "a guess," so I guess you aren't on the inside track with those trying to now squash the little leak that your guys let out...

Because it is none of your business!!!:angryfire You don't work for NJA, so why do you think we should share any company information with you?
YOU DON'T WORK HERE.

Anyways, for the folks that rode the short buss, I will help you along.
Jumpseating on NJA will NEVER happen. No reciprocate, no JS for NJAers on the airlines.
So what does that leave.......... HUMMMMMMM how hard is it to connect the damn dots.

Nope. That was a biometric test that allowed select crewmembers to avoid security altogether.

It was temporary and I believe it has ended.

I stand by the fact that CASS isn't available at security checkpoints. ALPA has argued that it should be (to bypass) but they haven't gotten anywhere, since CASS isn't biometric, according to those who make decisions.

Now I get the problem, if you're a selectee and you're in uniform, the TSA brain-surgeons start to have smoke come out their ears...because by definition crewmembers can't be selectees.

I don't think that non-121 crewmembers are covered under the shoes/liquids thing, but when I think back, it does just say, "Uniformed Crewmembers".

The problem is that you aren't a crew member, you're just in uniform.

Yet another wacky-yet-fun TSA deal.

Precisely why it should have everything to do with identification and nothing to do with uniforms. Anyone can order a uniform out of Sporty's -- why the hell does the TSA care AT ALL about uniforms. The entire program makes no sense at all.

I was traveling (deadhead) with another crewmember who was not in uniform.

TSA - "Sir we're going to have to take that toothpaste".
Pilot - "If I put on that uniform shirt that you just moved to get to the toothpaste, can I keep it?"
TSA - "Yes sir."
Pilot - "Well, since you see the shirt right there, could you just let me keep my toothpaste?'
TSA - "No sir."
Pilot - "What if I put my uniform shirt on right here, over my other shirt, untucked, with these khakis I'm wearing?"
TSA - "Then you can keep the toothpaste sir."
Pilot - "Just take the G__damn toothpaste."

What the hell sense does that make?

PIPE

VOR, I know my last post was way too broad for you to understand, so here is the one question I'd like you to answer. What difference does it make to you if we do CASS or not?

Last edited:
VOR....WHO CARES!!!!!???????

And fwiw,

I have heard of 2 times when njs has allowed airline crews to js on the private jet.

1. 2 nj pilots are airlining on XYZ airline. They get talking to the FAs that are going to be non-reving to the same place these 2 nj pilots are ferrying to. Upon landing, the nj pilots call njs to get approval to take two airline fas to their destination....approved as requested.

2. nj guy is airlining on XYZ airline. gets talking to the capt prior to the flight. finds out the cap is going to miss his commute to ABC airport. just happens to be where nj pilot is ferrying to. nj pilot call nj, ask for approval to take airline guy on the ferry flight....approved as requested.

Sure it doesnt happen too often, and these are only the ones I have heard about. Imaging how many others I havent heard about.

Never say never.

Latest resources

Back