• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When y'all in the union world describe the company I fly for, I don't even recognize it. Just a different way of looking at things, I suppose. I have a great time, get paid a lot, and don't consider Hansell a dictator. I know BN, and think he is an excellent manager and a good person. I can't imagine a better company to work for. Sorry.

Is Billy doing any follow up visits to the potential Jamaica hub? :rolleyes:

I urge you to listen to Luthi's rantings with a grain of salt...

whatever G4.
I have my own opinions.

It's not like you being a robot. or acting like cattle in a field and doing whatever management says.
I have my own opinion. and that is "my union speaks for me"

you sir. need to go back in the field and roam with all the other cattle.

When y'all in the union world describe the company I fly for, I don't even recognize it. Just a different way of looking at things, I suppose. I have a great time, get paid a lot, and don't consider Hansell a dictator. I know BN, and think he is an excellent manager and a good person. I can't imagine a better company to work for. Sorry.

There is no way in hell you are a professional, career pilot. Go away, management troll.

G4 is just proving how lame this management team is..... This is the best they can do!

By far the worst attempt at Union busting I have witnessed. That, along with that silly blog.... very transparent...Airline management is much more convincing than these bunch of clowns...

Good luck but, a picket, strike, or anything resembling a "strong-arm" showing does not have the same effect in this industry that it would in the airline industry. People are not loyal to airlines, they go for the cheapest ticket. In our industry, as we all know, the customer is a different animal and not part of the sheep in the rest of the world. The way your customers will view this is paramount to the effect your picket will have on a select few at your home office.

There are two ways it can be viewed by your customers; the company treats its employees negatively or the employees are dissatisfied with their company. Both of which are, well, bad. Do the customers know how business works, yes. Do they understand these kind of things, yes. At the end of the day though, there are going to be those customers that will think that their service is being compromised in some way by the negative impact of this display. You're not happy, otherwise, why picket? That is how it is viewed, like it or not.

I understand what you're doing and hope it works out but, I don't think anyone realizes the impact this could have on your customers. What if there are potential customers or existing customers visiting the home office the day of the picket?

I understand the need for this and you guys are in a union but, I have to think as someone said earlier that 6 figure employees picketing just doesn't look right in this industry (my opinion); however, we'll take any disgruntled customers that want to leave. Good luck.

Good luck but, a picket, strike, or anything resembling a "strong-arm" showing does not have the same effect in this industry that it would in the airline industry. People are not loyal to airlines, they go for the cheapest ticket. In our industry, as we all know, the customer is a different animal and not part of the sheep in the rest of the world. The way your customers will view this is paramount to the effect your picket will have on a select few at your home office.

There are two ways it can be viewed by your customers; the company treats its employees negatively or the employees are dissatisfied with their company. Both of which are, well, bad. Do the customers know how business works, yes. Do they understand these kind of things, yes. At the end of the day though, there are going to be those customers that will think that their service is being compromised in some way by the negative impact of this display. You're not happy, otherwise, why picket? That is how it is viewed, like it or not.

I understand what you're doing and hope it works out but, I don't think anyone realizes the impact this could have on your customers. What if there are potential customers or existing customers visiting the home office the day of the picket?

I understand the need for this and you guys are in a union but, I have to think as someone said earlier that 6 figure employees picketing just doesn't look right in this industry (my opinion); however, we'll take any disgruntled customers that want to leave. Good luck.

Excellent post!

Not everyone picketing makes 6 figures. IBT 284 will be there as will some of our First Officers.

A lot of customers would like to join the picket. Many of the customers are more pissed at this management than most the employees appear to be.

A long time Gulfstream customer said today:
"Good on them, Warren should know better. I wish I could be there with those employees holding signs. I stick with NetJets because of the employees, not management."

With the large number of old airframes, the high number of returns on those airframes and no new aircraft for over a year...we may not have left to fight over for much longer.

Unfortunately, the only ways that will make the company stop messing with our contract are pain (financial) and embarassment. They are trying to steal from each and every one of us by attacking the contract. I'm hoping that this embarassment will be enough for them to see the light, but I think it will probably only open their eyes that the sleeping bear is waking up and doesn't put up with getting kicked. That said, I support the picket 100% and wish I wasn't on the road so I could be their for it.

Latest resources

Back