• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hope you would of moved on by then.... Don't waste your time waiting for Netjets. There are tons of jobs out there. What are you waiting for??? You can either be the mouse or the cat in your career. I choose to be the cat...

Not wasting time, have a good job (not a great job) playing the waiting game for something to open up that I'm after.... Not gonna settle for any job. It has to be where I want it, for the right $$ and the right timing. I call the shots when it comes to future jobs.

If you had any clue how much effort and planning went into where I'm at now you would definitely be calling me the cat.

But yes, am dissapointed that my retirement planning has been severely put on hold for the moment. getting a match like NJA is tough to come by. Forget JetBlue or most of the legacies.

Forget the NJA match unless you go back if recalled. They'll be taking their 40-60% back when you don't.

ANYHOO...

We're picketing.

What's the 401K match now and what do they want to take it to?

What's the 401K match now and what do they want to take it to?

They match 50% of whatever you contribute including the "catch up" contributions from the older folks. For example, you put in $15,000 and they put in $7,500.

They are not changing the contribution formula. They are switching the plan administrator. Accounts vary as to whether the contract required explicit permission from the union to do so or the company only needed to provide ample notification (I only report, you decide). Nobody is sure what the advantages or disadvantages of the new plan are.

But the picket is actually in support of mechanics, dispatchers and flight attendants attached to the Teamsters 284.

Last edited:
They are not changing the contribution formula. They are switching the plan administrator. Accounts vary as to whether the contract required explicit permission from the union to do so or the company only needed to provide ample notification...

The only ones who are having trouble "interpreting" this are the ones in management. The contract is crystal clear that it cannot be a unilateral change, and they've blatantly ignored that.

Here's the wording in the agreement:
The Company and the Union may change the Plan during the term of this Agreement by mutual consent, but no change will result in lesser benefits than those in existence at the time this Agreement is made.
There has not been mutual consent, nor has enough information been provided to us to even reach that consent. They're simply breaking the contract they signed with us.

The only ones who are having trouble "interpreting" this are the ones in management. The contract is crystal clear that it cannot be a unilateral change, and they've blatantly ignored that.

There has not been mutual consent, nor has enough information been provided to us to even reach that consent. They're simply breaking the contract they signed with us.

Not saying I disagree with you. But there seems to be some question as to whether the issue was run past the previous union retirement committee chair and there were no flags raised at the time. Looks like the company wants the NMB or a judge to decide. In confusion, there is profit...

Latest resources

Back