• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. Plus, the company will furlough/recall the exact same number of pilots* whether or not we take concessions. The only difference is whether the job is worth coming back to.

* unless scope is one of the concessions. Then they'll furlough many more.

Exactly. Plus, the company will furlough/recall the exact same number of pilots* whether or not we take concessions. The only difference is whether the job is worth coming back to.

* unless scope is one of the concessions. Then they'll furlough many more.

In a weird way, I think management doing the "furlough as many as would be recalled due to 1.5.4(c)" may work out in NJASAp's favor, and possibly some pilots..... Follow me if I don't sound too ridiculuous....

1) How poorly would that scenario look to the viewers of CNBC, or on Squawk Box.....A network that has had Santulli on a few times, Sokol, and of course the great WB...And concerning one of the companies the late, not so great, David Sokol was once at the controls of. Netjets already looks pretty messed up given the relationship with Sokol. ow add in the harshness of furloughing guys at will only to recall them back in 120 days.

2) Along with that, paying them for 2 months. Recalling them 2 months later, incurring the charge of retraining, and/or re-typing them in a new a/c.

3) Some SIC's may benefit from obtaining another type. I know the X is a terrible type to have. Very few jobs for X guys. But I'd love to have the chance to get a free type ala Netjets stupidity. All for getting dicked round by managements furlough/recall scenario.

4) 2 Months leave with pay followed by a short sit at home may work for alot of people?

I don't know for sure what they will do with a breach of 1.5.4(c), but maybe the expected plan isn't all that bad. (for those that can afford a 2 month break etc)....

Of course just a straight recall would be acceptable too!! Maybe they'll get their heads out of their a.sses and just bite the bullet instead of facing the bad press?

And yet a huge percentage in the aviation sector is unionized. Ever thought about why that is?

Because airlines have such a huge capital outlay in equipment and infrastructure, the unions hold a gun to their head and say, "give us confiscatory wages and benefits or we will shut you down."

You are as obtusely insightful and intellectual as Obama, or a beauty pageant contestant. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, y'all think I am some sort of radical. My views are middle of the road at the former NJI. Even my co captain last week, who is very liberal politically and a big Obama supporter, hates unions, and thinks NJASAP leadership is a bunch of fools.

Let me spell it out for you assuming you have the ability to read.....

I'm furloughed from Netjets, and would rather be furloughed than be taking it in the shorts with a non-union carrier. Or even worse, be part of a Union that gives in to every wimper management makes.

And I would fight for your right to choose. Why did you not give me the same right, instead forcing me to pay dues to a union I vehemently disagree with? By the way, I would take any job I could, union or not, if it allowed me to feed my family.

And I would fight for your right to choose. Why did you not give me the same right, instead forcing me to pay dues to a union I vehemently disagree with? By the way, I would take any job I could, union or not, if it allowed me to feed my family.
No one is forcing you to pay dues.

The funny thing is, y'all think I am some sort of radical. My views are middle of the road at the former NJI. Even my co captain last week, who is very liberal politically and a big Obama supporter, hates unions, and thinks NJASAP leadership is a bunch of fools.

And how is our favorite Air and Space Museum Docent these days? That must have been a sight, you two flying together....

And how is our favorite Air and Space Museum Docent these days? That must have been a sight, you two flying together....

Believe it or not, although the guy you cite is another liberal who dislikes unions, but my friend in this case was DS. Cheers!

Latest resources

Back