NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hunkerdown

[FONT=&quot]NJASAP will host an informational picketing event Monday, Dec. 12, 2011, from 1130L to 1330L at the NetJets Easton Office Building, 4449 Easton Way, Columbus, Ohio.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All NJASAP members who will be in Columbus are strongly encouraged to participate in the event, which is intended to draw public attention to NetJets’s unilateral decision to implement sweeping changes to the 401(k) Retirement Plan in contravention to the 2007 Amended Agreement. NJASAP will be joined by the mechanics, flight attendants and dispatchers represented by Local 284. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A pre-picket briefing will begin promptly at 1130L in the northwest corner of the Aladdin Shrine Center parking lot, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3850 Stelzer Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43219. Transportation to the picket site will be provided at the conclusion of the briefing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Full dress uniform is required[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and winter weather gear is highly encouraged (i.e., gloves, lip balm, tissues). A boxed lunch will be provided at the event’s conclusion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From Picket Captain Jim Brady …[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NJASAP anticipates a strong turnout for this event and is pleased we will be joined by our Union brethren represented by Local 284. As employees, we must stand together to send a clear message to this management team that the pilots, dispatchers, flight attendants, and mechanics are united. We are NetJets. Please contact [/FONT][FONT=&quot]me[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Picket Facilitation Team[/FONT][FONT=&quot] with any questions. More information is also available on the NJASAP Web site.[/FONT]
mail
[FONT=&quot]

For pilots attending Recurrent Training [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A pilot in training retains the right to engage in the activity of his or her choosing during a scheduled lunch break or during a period of time in which he or she has been released from duty. Those who choose to participate in the picket should exit the retail side of NetJets’s Easton location and walk toward the meeting site, which is along the west side of the building, to retrieve a picket sign. Full dress uniform is required to participate. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For pilots who live in the DET area [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Picket Captain Jim Brady plans to drive a 12-passenger van to the picketing event. Although he will be leaving DET on Dec. 11, any member is free to ride with him to Columbus; members will be responsible for their own accommodations and meals. [/FONT]

Can I picket the $100K+ in retirement I'll be losing by being furloughed without a significant job replacement? That's "if" the furlough lasts 5 years.... It'll grow to nearly $200K as the years beyond 5 go by....

All the while, management plays cat and mouse with the business necessary to facilitate recalls. In the end it's playing cat and mouse with my career expectations.

Can I picket the $100K+ in retirement I'll be losing by being furloughed without a significant job replacement? That's "if" the furlough lasts 5 years.... It'll grow to nearly $200K as the years beyond 5 go by....

Get over it. Time to move on.

Are you welcoming / encouraging other outside pilot groups to join you?

How about having some signs that say that when pilots voluntarily extend for themselves they could be involuntarily extending the furlough for me and almost 500 Netjets pilots?!

All the while, management plays cat and mouse with the business necessary to facilitate recalls. In the end it's playing cat and mouse with my career expectations.

I would hope you would of moved on by then.... Don't waste your time waiting for Netjets. There are tons of jobs out there. What are you waiting for??? You can either be the mouse or the cat in your career. I choose to be the cat...

Latest resources

Back