NetJets Strike Vote Fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surveypilot said:
Unfortunately, you are missing what drives pay scales. The difficulty of the job has very little to do with it. If that were true, the highest paid pilot in the country would be a CFI. I have never worked as long or as hard as I did when I was flight instructing full time.

The economics of corporate pilot pay are different than almost every other type of pilot job. Whether it be airlines or fractional or part 135 etc., these companies make money by selling your pilot services as part of the package. What they pay you directly affects the bottom line. The salary of most corporate pilots however, has at best an indirect effect on the bottom line. Therefore, it is much easier to justify higher salaries for pure corporate pilots. Corporate pilots are able to be paid for their skills and are very rarely the most expensive part of doing business for the companies they work for.

I understand that fractional ownership does allow for ownership of an aircraft, and that benefits the aircraft owner, but the reality is, from a company perspective, that you are always going to be treated salary wise like a charter pilot. I know that is tough to swallow, but it is true.

Very astute commentary... However, if NJA wants to retain "the best pilots" to help promote its purported safety culture, they will need to pay a lot more to attract and retain the "best" pilots. In the end, the only winner will be Buffet's other company - Flight Saftey - due to the increased requirement for additional sim training given the revolving door at NJA... Buffet has plenty of cash regardless of what NJA's books say, and a lot of it is wasted on cross-subsidizing other operations (Netjets Europe, NJME, Flight Safety, etc.).

It's time to pay up because the pilots are the front line ambassadors to the program and without cheery/helpful/enthusiastic ambassadors, the program will continue to decline in this "service" business - simple as that. I'll say it again - you get what you pay for...

On Your Six said:
Buffet has plenty of cash regardless of what NJA's books say, and a lot of it is wasted on cross-subsidizing other operations (Netjets Europe, NJME, Flight Safety, etc.).

I must say, that your operation subsidizing NetJets Europe et al is a bunch of bull. Is that something that you are trying to work out in this "current" contract negotiation?

Latest resources

Back