NetJets seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FG&hawkered

Well, I have always thought you guys spoke level headed about had great insight about business. I love listening (reading) your posts about the strength of the brand, branding strategy, the analogy to MCD's, etc.

FF

Family Guy

Thanks for the quick and very respectful reply, and for you to be doing this outside of normal business hours shows enormous care, concern and passion for the company and by extension, the pilot group.

Please understand that many of the pilot group see many problems that are not being addressed. One is the conduct of a certain salesman who knows absolutely nothing about the plane specifics and enters aircraft without introduction and without prominently displaying his ID. We have CPs with extremely poor system knowledge, training done by vendors that don't know or even care about our SOPs and FBO standards that would be poor in developing nations...Jackson Hole being one of them, and charter operators that are flying as vendors that aren't even close.

Many of these problems can be related by pilots who feel they are being employed at a fair rate of compensation and who feel that the company values them as an asset rather than the liability that these extended negotiations have made many people feel.

You're a good guy, I can tell, hopefully you've got friends up there that share your ideals and we can get this show back on the road.

Last edited:
Fracster said:
Seniority means very little at NJA. The schedules are awarded on seniority but not with the right percentages. Trips are not assigned based on seniority but rather who kisses arse more. Airplanes assignments are based on whats available at the time of the employment offer. Vacations are the only schedule that is truly seniority based without outside influence.

As always its a sh!t job so make sure you aware entering this venture with eyes wide open.

FRACSTER....PERHAPS YOUVE BEEN KISSING THE WRONG ARSE!!!!!
DONT TAKE IT OUT ON US!!!! LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!! and be sure when you pucker up, you do it to the right ARSE!!!!!!

I'm a walk'n....yes indeed, and I'm a hope'n that you'll come walk with me........

Hawkered said:
Family Guy

Thanks for the quick and very respectful reply, and for you to be doing this outside of normal business hours shows enormous care, concern and passion for the company and by extension, the pilot group.

Please understand that many of the pilot group see many problems that are not being addressed. One is the conduct of a certain salesman who knows absolutely nothing about the plane specifics and enters aircraft without introduction and without prominently displaying his ID. We have CPs with extremely poor system knowledge, training done by vendors that don't know or even care about our SOPs and FBO standards that would be poor in developing nations...Jackson Hole being one of them, and charter operators that are flying as vendors that aren't even close.

Many of these problems can be related by pilots who feel they are being employed at a fair rate of compensation and who feel that the company values them as an asset rather than the liability that these extended negotiations have made many people feel.

You're a good guy, I can tell, hopefully you've got friends up there that share your ideals and we can get this show back on the road.

ed - thank you for the kind reply. I'm happy to say that most of the people here in the flight center share my ideals. Yes, we all have our challenges, but pretty much everyone here tries to do their best every day.

Do we have problems? Yes. But its been my experience that every place has problems. There is no perfect company out there. As you solve some of the problems, you encounter new ones...its just a fact of life. Still, all in all, this is the best company I've found....so its my intention to stay here and work on solving the problems, not sit back and lament them.

You bring up some interesting issues. I wont claim to have the answers to them, as most of them have nothing to do with my job here. But I have to ask...who have these problems been reported to?

Is it a case of the problems being reported and nothing being done to rectify them, or are the issues not getting reported and addressed? Another possibility is that your point may be valid, but there are little to no better options...for example your point on the FBO at Jackson Hole...it happens to be the only FBO on the field.

We've been asked to refer all crew reported issues to the crew resource center for follow up. I understand that they have done a good job of following up issues that the crews have encountered. I'd recommend starting there with these issues. Hopefully they can get some of these problems resolved.

squonk said:
I'm a walk'n....yes indeed, and I'm a hope'n that you'll come walk with me........

Come on squonk...that too obvious. You need to go for some of the more obscure lyrics.... like these....

Now i'm not looking for absolution
Forgiveness for the things i do
But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes
You'll stumble in my footsteps
Keep the same appointments i kept
If you try walking in my shoes
Morality would frown upon
Indecency looked down upon
The scapegoat fate's made of me
But i promise now, my judge and jurors
My intentions couldn't have been purer
My case is easy to see
I'm not looking for a clearer conscience
Peace of mind after what i've been through
And before we talk of any repentance
Try walking in my shoes
Try walking in my shoes
Now i'm not looking for absolution
Forgiveness for the things i do
But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes

And the walking man walks
Doesn't know nothing at all
Any other man stops and talks
But the walking man walks on by
Walk on by

Most everybody's got seed to sow
It ain't always easy for a weed to grow, oh no
So he don't hoe the row for no one
Oh for sure he's always missing
And something is never quite right
Ah, but who would want to listen to you
Kissing his existence good night

Walking man walk on by my door
Well, any other man stops and talks
But not the walking man
He's the walking man
Born to walk
Walk on walking man
Well now, would he have wings to fly
Would he be free
Golden wings against the sky
Walking man, walk on by
So long, walking man, so long

You're walking on thin ice
You'll have to pay the price
You just don't listen
You never take advice
But i've got to warn you
You'd better heed my mind
While you walk on thin ice
I'm right behind
You're treading a tight-rope
You know you're going to fall
You just don't listen
Think you can have it all

Family Guy, you do have talent!

Put a guitar in his hand and I think we've found the entertainment for this years Christmas hangar party! :)

Now lets all sing along!........

Because your mine....I walk the line.....

Fractional Aviation Blues

I hear the plane a comin'
Its rollin round the bend
and I ain't seen a new contract
since I don't know when

I'm stuck at NJA
and time keeps draggin on
and those planes keep a goin' to a service center
on down to San Antone...

When I was just a baby
My momma told me son
Don't ever fly for a living