NetJets Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JJ ...

Other fracs were running about 4 pilots per airplane. NJ already has 5 pilots per airplane. Shall we go to 6? I don't think so ... I think there won't be pilots recalled until aircraft are delivered.
. Didn't realize that. Also looking at the lower fees the other fracs charge relative to nj, they are probably grabbing more marketshare.

Yeah. Before the furloughs, I think we may have been over 6 pilots per plane as they continued to hire ... but never took delivery of the planes the pilots were hired to fly.

So in a way, NJ already recalled pilots as they never furloughed to below 4 pilots per plane (never below 5) as I believe Flex and CA were at 3.8 to 3.9 per plane at one point.

Options Management was Prescient. They reduced the size of the Fleet and of the pilot force from near 1000 to around 400 BEFORE THE FINANCIAL CRISIS! Positioning themselves perfectly to weather the hard times.

NJ on the other hand had too many pilots, employees, airplanes (on the property and on order), a $200 million school house about to break ground... Talk about caught with your pants down.

Last edited:
Well GF, I suppose you could be right about the prescience. but as one who lived through the process, I credit the massive layoffs more to the bitter 5 year contract battle. We still had the airframes (in mothballs at our MX bases or being cannibalized for parts) but our owners were leaving in droves so we didn't need pilots to fly them. Eventually Options management won the battle (my own opinion), but it cost both sides dearly.

I am sure there are differing opinions concerning the outcome of our contract battle, and I respect those opinions, but it's difficult to look at our payscale, benefits, schedule, and darn near everything but the crew meal plan and call our CBA anything but an overwhelming victory for FO management.

JJ ...

Other fracs were running about 4 pilots per airplane. NJ already has 5 pilots per airplane. Shall we go to 6? I don't think so ... I think there won't be pilots recalled until aircraft are delivered.

Please do....I can use a break. They're beating us with whips out there!:eek:

Re...bwaha..recalls at Net...bwahahaha...recalls at Netjets? Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Thanks man. Needed the laugh.

P.S. I'm not laughing at the 495. Anything but. I'm laughing at the notion that they will be recalled in the next five years. And amused by the notion that many of them would want to come back.

Latest resources

Back