• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just heard from a NJ crew they parked 20 planes 3 days ago.

I just heard from a NJ crew they parked 20 planes 3 days ago.

I heard they are telling recurrents they are parking 40 a year for the next few years...Replacements won't be coming until 2013 AND even when they do come they won't keep up with disposals...

Also heard 10 years before they're back to 2010 a/c numbers......

Here's the NJA Thesis..just the rough outline:

1) Get scope relief...

2) Park airplanes

3) furlough

4) sell-off any overrage

Scope relief may cause a temporary problem, which "the lawyer" will eventually work around.....For $20 million a year you'd think Sokol had more elaborate Chairman skills. This plan is just silly...

Congrats other fractionals..You are gonna catch up by default.....

Was that "Parked" or "Disposed" of?

You know we don't need those Hawkers when they are replaced with Challenger 300's.:cool: ... and we go with an all Bombardier fleet before being bought by FlexJets ...when Santulli comes back :laugh:

You know that the reason some people are working hard. When you dispose of a fleet those pilots sit at home and the other fleets work harder.

Last edited:
I hear BH is actively recruiting Michael Scheeringa to run Netjets due to his fantastic "people skills" :eek:

(Just kidding):laugh:

recalls??? what??? everything i have heard is another @350 furloughs coming.... hope not, but that is whats out there..

NJA isn't getting rid of 40 airframes for only a couple of years- the plan is to do that pretty much forever. Airplanes get old and they get sold. They have claimed they want airframes to last for 10 years. Lots are coming close and will continually need to be sold away. The key for how many pilots are needed is really how many new airframes get brought into the program each year. I really don't see them holding many airplanes over 10 years since they just get so much less productivity out of them as they age so new airplanes need to come on in big numbers before anybody comes back since there will be fairly light attrition.

recalls??? what??? everything i have heard is another @350 furloughs coming.... hope not, but that is whats out there..

Shock value. There are a very high percentage of the bottom 300 that staff the most productive fleets. These fleets will be carrying a high lift burden while some of the more aged fleets get disposed and replaced. Very unlikely that a 2nd round of furloughs will transpire at NJA.

More Union busting? Same guy, different scenario,, all within the same couple of weeks..... CBA is technically up for reneg. soon, 1.5.4(c) issues...

Believe him or not believe him.....wish ya could just punch him.....This wouldn't be D.M. the general himself would it?

Shock value. There are a very high percentage of the bottom 300 that staff the most productive fleets. These fleets will be carrying a high lift burden while some of the more aged fleets get disposed and replaced. Very unlikely that a 2nd round of furloughs will transpire at NJA.

That's exactly what we were saying before it was announced the first 495 were going to hit the street.

Mgmt doesn't care what the effects are, if they feel they don't need you, sayonara.

Latest resources

Back