NetJets Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASABound

Any word on when the recalls might start ? With that said, any speculation on how many guys/gals might come back ??

Maybe 2013 if the economy does actually pick up. As to how many will come back, I think it depends on how quickly the majors end up hiring. My guess is that as many as possible will try the airline thing and that quite a few who weren't furloughed will also. That said, my guestimate is under 50 percent unless the majors lose 100 seat scope to the regionals. I would sure love to see Continited be able to shove the 70 seaters back out of the tent, but realistically I think the majors in general will be lucky to keep even the current lid on 70 seaters. If they can, there should be a lot of descent or better jobs out there that the 495 can choose from.

I am just looking at aircraft deliveries. Nobody comes back unless there are more planes. And according to the announcements anyone can read in the AIN... new planes do not arrive until late 2012 or 2013.

How is it that citation is recalling in big numbers and yet they aren't taking delivery of new ac? Also, will new planes be replacement for current planes, i.e. wont most of the buyers of the new planes be current owners who simply do a swap?

Why are the other fracs recalling? The other fractionals haven't been having a fire sale on there fleets. NJA got rid of somewhere around 40 airframes last year and is on pace to get rid of that many or more this year. Until more airframes come in there is no reason to bring pilots back with so many airplanes out the door. We are definitely working really hard when on the road, but somehow management thinks we are still fat on pilots.

Why are the other fracs recalling? The other fractionals haven't been having a fire sale on there fleets. NJA got rid of somewhere around 40 airframes last year and is on pace to get rid of that many or more this year. Until more airframes come in there is no reason to bring pilots back with so many airplanes out the door. We are definitely working really hard when on the road, but somehow management thinks we are still fat on pilots.

Using NJA management and the work "think" in the same sentence is one of aviation's ultimate oxymorons....

How is it that citation is recalling in big numbers and yet they aren't taking delivery of new ac? Also, will new planes be replacement for current planes, i.e. wont most of the buyers of the new planes be current owners who simply do a swap?

Attrition maybe?

Latest resources

Back