• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets or Flexjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL.....Bogart, thanks for the Sunday morning laugh.....

Could please tell us all again how CS was going to give you guys your pay rasies which were awarded shortly after our contract was ratified but that was just by chance...

Come on!!!!! come on!!!!!....please tell us another story.

And then...and then tell us the one how you believe Citation doesn't want CS to turn a profit becuase it would make the owners think they are getting ripped off.......Oh...that's a good one too!!!!! We like that story.

Last edited:
Can anyone that works for flexjet confirm the REAL upgrade time? Airlinepilotcentral.com lists the most junior captian as a Sept. 04 Hire, about 2 yrs. But I see in a previous post someone listed 3-5 years. If it is actually 2 years, is this consistant or was there some massive growth in the past few years?
THanks!
(I currently work for a regional, but upgrade time is getting close to never.)

Can anyone that works for flexjet confirm the REAL upgrade time? Airlinepilotcentral.com lists the most junior captian as a Sept. 04 Hire, about 2 yrs. But I see in a previous post someone listed 3-5 years. If it is actually 2 years, is this consistant or was there some massive growth in the past few years?
THanks!
(I currently work for a regional, but upgrade time is getting close to never.)

Melfly, if anyone could truly answer that question,they would ge great at the horse track. Right now, yes, upgrades are running 2 years, but we have had a lot of growth. Nobody really knows what tomorrow holds for upgrades. If you come to flex or go to NJA, go in expecting upgrade in 3 to 4 years and hope to be suprised by 2 years.

Good luck which ever road you choose.

Excellent answer! When it comes to things like estimating upgrade time, prudence is the wisest course. Far better to receive a pleasant surprise rather than an unexpected disappointment. I add my wishes that all goes well for you, Melfly. NJW

Melfly, if anyone could truly answer that question,they would ge great at the horse track. Right now, yes, upgrades are running 2 years, but we have had a lot of growth. Nobody really knows what tomorrow holds for upgrades. If you come to flex or go to NJA, go in expecting upgrade in 3 to 4 years and hope to be suprised by 2 years.

Good luck which ever road you choose.

When I left flex, upgrades were running about two years, but that was for what 2 guys? Rumor has it upgardes are back to 3 years or so. Still not bad, but not the two years and under I hear they are throwing out in interviews is off the mark.

Flex will never get a union. They keep coming up with too many clever ways to fire anyone who supports it. Even if you don't support a union for flex, firing people for supporting it speaks very negatively of the company in general.

Good point, Peter. Some posters here have suggested that if there was union interest at their company that the pilots would be a lot more vocal about it....:rolleyes: You have correctly reiterated that there is a need for caution among organizers. Watch your step Flex pilots and remember there's safety in numbers. Having union representation when a pilots has to interact with management is an important benefit of union membership.

Another thought--if the company will fire a pilot for speaking up for the right to organize that makes a telling statement (tacit admission) about the power they see in a union. They can squash an individual pilot, and ignore advisory councils, but they legally are required to deal with a union.

Good luck to all pilots trying to get a fair contract.
Netjetwife

When I left flex, upgrades were running about two years, but that was for what 2 guys? Rumor has it upgardes are back to 3 years or so. Still not bad, but not the two years and under I hear they are throwing out in interviews is off the mark.

Flex will never get a union. They keep coming up with too many clever ways to fire anyone who supports it. Even if you don't support a union for flex, firing people for supporting it speaks very negatively of the company in general.

There have been a few times when I was scratching my head about why someone got fired, but when I got the real story there was a reason. As far as the comment NJW made...well she doesn't work here so I guess her comment doesn't mean squat. I could go on and on about why certain people got fired, but this is neither the time nor the place to do so, plus it's none of your dang business.

Peter, good luck in your new job. The fact that you moved on to seek better opportunities and weren't fired is a testament to the fact that you can be an open advocate of the union and not get "squashed" by management as NJW so feverently wants us to believe. There are many people that are Pro-union here and many of them are still here, no mass firings.

As far as the question goes, upgrades are running realistically 3-5 years now. And that is just about the same for anywhere you go now. There were at least a dozen guys that upgraded at 2 years or slightly more that 2 (2&1-3 mos.).

Frax

Last edited:
Frax, I thought by now that the whole board knows my role is a NetJet wife, and that I speak about the frac industry in general (based on observations and conversations w/pilots) and only NJA specifically. I apologize to you if that was not understood.

In general, other pilots have talked to me about pilots that were fired after they just happened to become involved in an organizing effort....:rolleyes: It's reasonable to think that both situations exist--justified and trumped up excuses. Otherwise, union-busting law firms wouldn't have clients, would they? The determination to keep a union off the property is rather obvious sometimes. When there are numerous examples of suspicious terminations many people tend to think where there's smoke there's fire. Knowing pilots who have been burned before leads me to believe the problem is still smoldering. That was the thought process that motivated my comment.

The most important point I made --They can squash an individual pilot, and ignore advisory councils, but they legally are required to deal with a union--applies across the industry and is a statement of the reality of the situation.

Frax, I thought by now that the whole board knows my role is a NetJet wife, and that I speak about the frac industry in general (based on observations and conversations w/pilots) and only NJA specifically. I apologize to you if that was not understood.

In general, other pilots have talked to me about pilots that were fired after they just happened to become involved in an organizing effort....:rolleyes: It's reasonable to think that both situations exist--justified and trumped up excuses. Otherwise, union-busting law firms wouldn't have clients, would they? The determination to keep a union off the property is rather obvious sometimes. When there are numerous examples of suspicious terminations many people tend to think where there's smoke there's fire. Knowing pilots who have been burned before leads me to believe the problem is still smoldering. That was the thought process that motivated my comment.

The most important point I made --They can squash an individual pilot, and ignore advisory councils, but they legally are required to deal with a union--applies across the industry and is a statement of the reality of the situation.

It never ceases to amaze me how you can turn any question that is posed, such as the original posters intent ..."which would you prefer, Flexjet or Netjets?".. and turn it into a union "us against them" arguement. There is a place on this board specifically for union info, please try to keep it there. If you don't have any info on the question at hand please stay out of it.

Latest resources

Back